Head of Programs
-Cairo, EgyptPosted 7 days ago
60Applicants for1 open position
- 0In Consideration
- 12Not Selected
Skills And Tools:
- The Head of Programs ensures accurate, proper, timely, and high-quality implementation of projects. S/he has a major responsibility for projects’ strategic orientation, effective implementation, and quality outcomes.
- Strategic Program Development
Strategy and Policy
- Contribute together with the other members of the Management Committee in periodically reviewing, analyzing, and implementing the Country Strategy and in the formulation of the annual strategic priorities and action plans.
- Ensure that Program Visions and Approaches fall into the framework and contribute to the objectives of the Country Strategy.
- Develop and ensure follow-up of a proper implementation of yearly Action Plan – which sets the key objectives and priorities of the Program Department. For this purpose, a regular review of the Action Plan has to be organized, at least on a quarterly basis with the Program team.
- Ensure a full understanding, appropriation, and use of key policies, manuals, processes, and tools in the Program department.
Program Strategic Steering
- Lead the process and was responsible for developing the program strategies, in line with the vision and strategic objectives of the Country Strategy, as well as with the global and regional programmatic approaches and plans.
- Ensure that the strategy programmatic objectives are fully embraced and implemented by the program team to ensure sustainable change and impact.
- Guide the process of developing advocacy messages and position papers towards the national and international stakeholders in line with the programmatic regional advocacy approach.
- Operations Management
- Chair the Program Coordination Meeting according to the internal meetings set up.
- Lead on organizing regular meetings with Support Services department and MEAL department.
- Participate in the monthly management meeting.
- Ensure regular attendance in relevant Coordination meetings at the National and Local level and proper dataflow/information restitution within the Program Department, and with other Departments where appropriate.
- Represent the organization locally to partners, donors, (I)NGOs, International Organizations, and local authorities.
Projects Cycle Management
- Ensure that needs assessments and situational analysis are preceding the project/program design/re-design and development in close collaboration with the MEAL department.
- Take the lead on the proposal development grant writing processes, through facilitating the proposal writing process.
- Take the lead, with the active collaboration of the Project Manager, for each new project or a new phase of the project to the organization, coordination and conducting of the kick-off meetings.
- Oversee and reinforce the setup of a functional planning mechanism for effective project implementation, including the periodical revision and adaptation of the planning tools and their frequency.
- In collaboration with the MEAL department, ensure an M&E framework is in place and properly implemented for every project.
- Program Quality:
Staff Management and Capacity Building
- Ensure that appropriate and harmonized Program Department set up is in place and when it is needed, propose a review of organigrams and Job Description of the Program team.
- Provide direct daily line management leadership to the Program team ensuring support and guidance to manage projects and teams.
- Lead hiring and orientation of new Program staff underline management, in coordination with the HR department, including finalizing the Job Descriptions, developing & reviewing written tests, participating in interviews.
Programs Technical quality
- Ensure that the Programs and projects apply the best development and humanitarian principles and models of intervention, including global child protection standards and quality standards set by the organization.
- Provide technical support and guidance to the Program team, to ensure an excellent level of quality of the projects implemented, compliant with the standards set by the organization and the donors.
- Project Manager - ITWorx Educa...Global Medical Solutions International - Nasr City, Cairo6 days ago
- Operation ManagerConfidential Company - Maadi, Cairo3 days ago