Head of Engineering FacilitiesPosted 15 days ago
- 0In Consideration
- 0Not Selected
Skills And Tools:
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To support and supervise the development, operations, maintenance, and renovations of a range of engineering workshops and labs; managing resource availability; day-to-day running of the facilities and ensuring resources are deployed in accordance with relevant health and safety regulations.
Main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
The responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides strategic analysis and expert advice with respect to space & facilities utilization across the labs and workshops. Evaluates space utilization, equipment and facilities in addition to evaluating major equipment/infrastructure replacement options.
- Assesses technological change and prepares short- and long-term forecasting to keep the facilities current.
- Develops plans for and leads workshops/ labs renovations; liaises with other departments on facilities renovation, utilization, and development.
- Preparing and presenting the operating budget processes, recommending standards and parameters, relevant models, and robust controls to effectively manage the financial planning of the labs & workshops. Respect to budget methodologies and financial strategic forecasting practices consistent with the University’s vision and mission.
- Oversees expenditure control to ensure compliance with University and departmental budget policies and financial procedures in Egypt. Determines when the Dean’s authority and signature may be required in the efficient and prudent monitoring of the Faculty annual operating budget.
- Oversees and/or provides financial advice on negotiating contracts and agreements with vendors/agencies, establishing financial and reporting terms and conditions. Establishes and/or reviews contracts and agreements to ensure that the terms and conditions are appropriate and according to policies and procedures.
- Liaise with other University Departments and outside contractors with regard to layout, installation, modification, upgrade, repair and maintenance of the buildings and equipment.
- Responsible for planning the future development of the workshop areas and identifying opportunities for improvements
- Prepare and write up bids for equipment or related teaching/research equipment grants.
- Ensure resources are suitably available and timetabled for all research and teaching purposes.
- To monitor the workshop budget, order supplies as required and ensure that stock levels are maintained, particularly for student project requirements, using appropriate purchasing and supplier selection techniques in line with University policy.
- Keep the Associate Deans informed of progress on a regular basis, and to liaise with other staff within the Faculty as necessary.
- To adhere to and produce documentation health & safety codes of practice and liaise with the building’s Facilities Management where necessary.
- To adhere and ensure compliance with Health & Safety regulations.
- Ensure that all labs, including workshop are safely maintained, all working areas are safe and that staff and students are fully trained to do their job safely
- Operate and maintain Lab equipment to ensure safe operation in accordance with safe practices.
- Ensure that facilities and equipment are correctly maintained and monitored, and supplies of materials are sufficiently stocked.
- Overseeing the lab supervisors and the technicians work and ensuring that work is carried out on time and to budget.
- Other duties may be assigned related to the job.
Minimum Requirements for candidates:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics or Electrical Engineering from a reputable university with a minimum grade of Very Good (GPA over 3.4)
- A Master’s degree, preferably in the area of specialization, will be an asset.
- Minimum of 3 yeas experience in dealing with machines, maintenance and procurement.
- Excellent command of the English language
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent teamwork and organizational skills
- Compassionate, positive, and professional attitude
- High level of responsibility and commitment.
- Ability to take and implement initiatives contributing to the development of the program.
- Mechanical Designer - New Capi...CBD Project Package 7 of CSCEC (Egypt) - New Capital, Cairo3 days ago
- Utilities Maintenance Engineer...Egyptian French Company for Plants Tissue Culture S.A.E - Obour City, Cairo3 days ago
- Mechanical Maintenance Enginee...Premier Services and Recruitment Overseas - 10th of Ramadan City, Cairo2 days ago