- Experience Needed:
More than 3 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Terre des hommes (Tdh) is a leading Swiss organization for child relief and is active in more than 30 countries. It develops and implements field projects across the globe to allow a better daily life for over two million children and their families. Tdh is present in Egypt since 1983. Its presence is legalized by an agreement signed with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs with projects under the supervision of the Ministry of Social Solidarity.
About this position:
This Senior position shares in the responsibility for day-to-day oversight, management, coordination, supervision of community-based multicultural multilingual psycho-social workers assisting refugees and asylum seekers.
- Leadership: Engaged in overall management and decision making of this organization and its activities.
- Coordination: Oversee the management, quality of care, supervision of workers and psycho-social activities.
- Training/Supervision: Participate in ongoing training and supervision of psycho-social team.
- Psycho-social Activities: Participate in ongoing assessment of refugee needs, assist in design and implementation of community based psycho-social activities.
- Emergency response: Work with team to manage 24-7 response to emergencies
- Referral / Advocacy: Assessment, referral and advocacy of most vulnerable people of concern to partner organizations.
- Community liaison: Work with team to maintain positive links between communities, organization and workers.
- Facilitate team work.
- Facilitate a positive supportive working environment.
- Monitoring and reporting: Monthly, mid-year and annual on progress of project activities.
More than 3 years
Not Specified at least
Qualification & Experiences
- University degree in Counseling, Sociology or Psychology or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in related field.
- Previous experience working with refugees or asylum seekers.
- Experience as a trainer.
- Experience in program management.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Arabic and English oral and written.
- Proficiency in use of computer for reporting.
Please mention the job title in the subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications: 3 September 2019.
About this Company
The Psycho-Social Services and Training Institute in Cairo (PSTIC) began in 2009.
See all Careers and Jobs at PSTIC
Its staff and graduates form a network that is a hub for mental health and psychosocial support for refugees in Cairo. PSTIC graduated: 17 refugees as Psychosocial Workers (PSW) in...