Skills And Tools:
- Under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager, the incumbent will mainly be responsible for managing the procurement activities in compliance with relevant USAID regulations, Abt’s policies and procedures, and common procurement practices. The incumbent will also assist the Operations team with day-to-day office activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare Request for Proposals (RFPs) for the procurement of commodities and services in compliance with USAID regulations.
- Review vendors’ business profiles, performance references, and assist in evaluating and analyzing submitted bids.
- Prepare all required procurement documents including service agreements, and purchase orders.
- Ensure that all procurements comply with USAID rules and regulations as well as Abt’s relevant policies and procedures, and best practices and principles.
- Ensure that vendors will comply with delivery schedules specified in the procurement documents.
- Ensure that procured items are delivered against Delivery Notes to the requesting parties/staff in good operational condition and in accordance with the specifications indicated in the procurement documents.
- Review and verify invoices and relevant supporting documents prior to processing payments.
- Follow up with Finance staff on payments to the vendors in due course. Also deliver tax deduction notices to vendors.
- Ensure that all office furniture and equipment are well maintained in good functional condition.
- Maintain/update inventory of cleaning and stationery supplies.
- Maintain/update the inventory of all project assets.
- Maintain/update an e-archive as well as filing system of all Operations’ documents.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the direct supervisor.
- University degree preferably in Business Administration.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a similar position with USAID-funded projects.
- Must be well versed in USAID procurement regulations and knowledgeable about its activities, including bidding, preparing contracts, agreements, PRs, POs, etc. with sound legal and financial provisions, and accurate and thorough specifications.
- Must be commanding both written and spoken English.
- Must be proficient in using Microsoft applications especially Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Must have strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be prompt, accessible, resourceful, self-starter, results-oriented with a positive outlook.
- Must be adept at critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to handle problematic situations quickly and efficiently especially in relationship to fellow staff members.
ONLY POTENTIAL APPLICANTS THAT MEET ABOVE JOB REQUIREMENTS WILL BE SHORTLISTED.
- Senior Procurement Engineer - ... - Giza, Egypt12 days ago
- Administrative Assistant - Cha...Confidential Company - New Cairo, Cairo4 days ago