Skills And Tools:
- AlAlamein International University at Al Alamein New City is looking for candidates to fulfill the open “Students Affairs Specialist” positions with the following duties and responsibilities:
- Students Affairs Specialists works as part of a team in providing student support services. Student Affairs Specialist provides support to students and prospective students; admission process, offered programs and their admission requirements, available scholarships and their requirements; provides program procedures, policies, goals, and objectives, technical guidance and problem resolution. Students Affairs Specialist is also responsible for maintaining complete up-to-date records for all students, disseminate updates and urgent information related to students through all possible communication channels; provides program procedures, policies, goals, and objectives, technical guidance and problem resolution. Students Affairs Specialists take part of the marketing and planning activities for new students’ intakes every semester.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare templates and collect and enter/update data required to build students’ databases.
- Maintains student records on database, creates and provides reports. Provides contact point for enrolled and prospective student information.
- Prepare statistics related to students’ data.
- Coordinates and administers student support to enrolled and prospective students, such as course registration, graduation processing, petitioning, withdrawals, program documentation, computer accounts, information sessions, receptions, and student orientations.
- Counsels and confers with students providing program procedures, policies, goals, and objectives, technical guidance, and problem resolution. Directs students to appropriate academic coordinator / advisor.
- Initiates, develops, and sustains strong positive relations with program coordinators and departmental leadership to ensure achievement of the mission and goals of the department and college.
- Provides coordination of program activities for students regarding departmental services.
- Identifies target groups in consultation with academic and student affairs departments/programs for student recruitment on and off campus; makes visits to appropriate groups.
- Develops or assists in the development and production of program advertising, promotional flyers and related recruitment initiatives.
- Implements student recruitment initiatives and participates in the evaluation of such initiatives.
- Assists in collaboration with other colleges and/or departments to ensure a coordinated approach to student recruitment and retention activities.
- Assists with accreditation review; coordinates logistics, scheduling and related matters.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, professional development seminars and other student support related meetings.
- Liaison with student organizations and alumni.
- Skill in developing policy and procedure documentation.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- A Bachelor degree with at least 2 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Knowledge of educational organizations practices.
- Skill in organizing and prioritizing work activities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Excellent English language command (writing and speaking).
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of software programs related to the duties and responsibilities.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the interview process.