- Experience Needed:
5 to 10 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- The e-commerce Manager will develop and carry out the strategic online marketing plans for the company . As such, e-commerce GM , must stay current with the online marketing environment and adapt sales strategy to best serve the interests of the organization and to keep pace with competition in their field.
- The e-commerce General Manager is heavily involved with companies’ website, particularly advertising and content elements. Given the 24/7 nature of online shopping, e-commerce General Manager may work irregular hours and be on call to handle any issues that arise. e-commerce GM will often collaborate with content developers, fellow businesses heads and customers on regular basis.
- The e-commerce Manager is, in charge of an organization’s e-commerce division and report to the board of directors .General duties will include website design, market research, budgeting, sourcing products, pricing , managing P&L, interviewing and training new key heads and lead employees, supervising the e-commerce division, and presenting project designs to upper management to achieve an annual profitable financial and Marketing plan as well as control and improve market share across all categories.
- The E-commerce Manager will be primarily responsible for overseeing, leading and managing the e-commerce department of the company with a significant online presence.
- E-commerce Manager, will handle decision-making for the website, social media accounts, and online advertising. They will also be responsible for research and development of new online marketing strategies, and for hiring and training the rest of the E-commerce organization structure.
- The e-commerce Manager will be responsible for determining the format and features of the website in order to maximize clarity and ease of navigation for customers. Also will liaise with the Web designers to develop and alter the website as needed, as and when required.
Research and Development
- The e-commerce Manager will keep abreast of new developments in the e-marketing world.
- The General Manager e-commerce will also research the company’s core demographics and how to best reach them, in order to maximize search engine traffic and the effect of the company’s targeted ad buys.
Supervision, Hiring and Training
- The e-commerce Manager will oversee the entire e-commerce division and divide up employees on tasks. They will also be responsible for interviewing, bringing their preferred candidates to upper management, and providing necessary training, as well as setting objectives and report progress of of objective achievements on quarterly basis.
Financial Planning and Budgeting
- The e-commerce Managers must get involved in setting budget and held responsible and accountable in front of upper management for the profitability of the e-commerce division. The job of an e-commerce general manager is to plan for e-marketing expenditures well in advance and develop a financial plan that will maximize resources and return on investment.
Project Development and Presentation
- The e-commerce Manager will liaise directly with upper management and present annual plans for any new advances or initiatives to improve the company’s online presence and e-sales.
5 to 10 years
E-commerce Manager - Technical Skills
- Extensive experience with practices and techniques related to web merchandising or online retailing.
- Operational knowledge of techniques required for market research and analysis.
- Sound knowledge of website management and e-Commerce usability.
- Proficient with Microsoft office Applications, MS Access and others.
- An ideal candidate for the e-commerce General Manager position is an organized, analytical person with strong technical skills. They will be able to multitask effectively and be able to problem-solve when needed. An e-commerce General Manager will be able to successfully manage a team of people and delegate tasks based on skills. They must be creative, pragmatic and eager to learn.
- A must have hands on experience, & competencies that e-commerce Manager should have:
- Communication: A large part of an e-commerce Manager’s job is effective communication. They must be able to clearly describe job duties to those they supervise, and lay out full plans to the management. Expert written and verbal communication is key to getting ideas across.
- Technical Understanding: A strong grasp of modern technology and social media is essential to the job of an e-commerce General Manager. An expert understanding of spreadsheets, databases, financial analysis, website design, search engine optimization, and e-marketing strategy will be key to fulfilling the many functions of the job.
- Flexibility: The job of an e-commerce Manager is unpredictable. He must be willing to work long, irregular hours when needed. The market changes quickly, and new developments may require a quick overhaul of the company’s strategy.
- Professionalism: The e-commerce Manager will be required to oversee a team, meet with clients and designers, suppliers, logistics services providers and present to superiors the way forward plans.
About this Company
Raneen Co., was founded in 1998 with many retail stores which provides housewares, kitchen warehouse, home appliances, home and garden gifts for the modern home.
See all Careers and Jobs at Raneen
شركة رنين أسست منذ 1998 و هى تقدم احتياجات البيت وتجهيز العرائس من أجهزة كهربائية و أدوات منزلية ومفروشات وهدايا للمنزل العصرى