- Experience Needed:
More than 6 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Managing Engineering Operations and Budgets
- Works with property and regional engineering leadership team to determine how Engineering is performing against budget and highlights areas of concern to leadership.
- Manages the physical plant including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment and electrical systems in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Administers service contracts to support property needs.
- Ensures fire crew has complete understanding of all procedures, equipment and alarms.
- Coaches and supports engineering leadership team to effectively manage controllable expenses (e.g., wages, heat, light and power, water consumption, tools and equipment, grounds keeping supplies, uniforms, vendors, service agreements, inventory, etc.).
- Manages and controls heat, light and power.
- Develops an engineering operating strategy that is aligned with the property/brand’s business strategy.
- Develops and manages Engineering budget.
- Ensures integration of departmental goals in game plans.
- Oversees execution of long term preventative maintenance and 10 year asset protection plans.
- Reviews financial reports and statements to determine how Engineering is performing against budget.
- Addresses potential areas of concern and proposing solutions to owners in a proactive manner.
- Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Supervises construction to ensure timely completion of projects within budgetary guidelines.
Maintaining Engineering Standards
- Ensures compliance with state, local and federal regulations.
- Maintains property life safety systems (e.g., fire fighting equipment, sprinkler systems, and alarm systems).
- Ensures building and equipment licenses, permits and certifications are current.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Manages areas of operation to budget by reviewing operating statements, budget worksheets and payroll progress reports.
- Monitors and manages the payroll function.
- Manages department's controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Participates in the development of department's capital expenditure goals; manages projects as needed.
- Participates in the budgeting process for areas of responsibility.
- Prepares weekly and period end P&L critiques.
- Understands the impact of department's operation on the overall property financial goals; educates staff on details as appropriate.
- Reviews and manages controllable expenses such as, heat, light, power, water consumption, tools and equipment, grounds keeping supplies, uniforms, vendors, service agreements, etc.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Utilizes employee feedback and an “open door” policy to identify and address employee problems or concerns in a timely manner.
- Celebrates successes by publicly recognizing the contributions of team members.
- Resolves guest problems and complaints.
- Brings issues to the attention of Human Resources as necessary.
- Ensures that regular on-going communication takes place throughout the engineering operation to communicate daily operations activities, set expectations and create awareness of business objectives.
More than 6 years
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED; 6 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/Electrical/Plumbing.
2-year degree from an accredited university in Building and Construction, Engineering, Mechanics, or related major; 4 years experience in the engineering and maintenance or related professional area; technical training in HVAC-R/Electrical/Plumbing.
About this Company
Marriott International is a leading global lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 7,300 properties in 134 countries and territories. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S....
See all Careers and Jobs at Marriott