- Experience Needed:
4 to 5 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
You are responsible for optimizing sales, profitability and development of the Home Furnishing Business (HFB) to strengthen IKEA’s position as the “Top of the Mind” home furnishing store in the local market, lead showroom co workers, provide support and develop them in order to create a strong and vital daily commercial drive in the showroom while ensuring the presence of the proven IKEA retail system (Tasks of the IKEA store).
Key Specific Accountabilities:
- Ensure the store is in a pristine condition at all times and has a strong commercial basic level in your business area during all opening hours (4basics as per IKEA standard).
- Together with the Com & In department you secure that the IKEA store provides a commercial range presentation in your business area and that customers perceive IKEA as a competent home furnishing specialist.
- Plan and implement commercial calendar of the year.
- Improve ease of shopping in the store by efficiently working with mechanical sale tools.
- Be a Product Knowledge expert to ensure the highest level of Customer Service.
- Ensure that the store is in shape as new and has a strong commercial basics level in the Home furnishing business (HFB) during all opening hours
- Together with the Com & In team you secure that the IKEA store provides a commercial range presentation in the home furnishing business and that customers perceive IKEA as a competent home furnishing specialist
- Focus on Commercial awareness by using and implementing the Commercial Strategy lay out on the sales floor involving the commercial group
- Achieve the customer satisfaction goals set by the furniture Sales Manager for your area (measured by IKEA Brand Capital and CSI)
- Ensure that Showroom area is properly staffed with trained and qualified co workers during all opening hours
People Management and Development
- Manage the selection, training and development programs for new co-workers
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of the sales co-workers when vacancies arise
- Ensure working methods, basic action routines and range information are understood and carried out in order to achieve objectives
- Motivate the sales staff towards achievement of work objectives. Support the team to achieve their objectives by ensuring they understand the company business plan and objectives.
- Be Train the Trainer for the department and ensure all the co-workers in the department are trained in Product Knowledge, customer service training, Concept training, H&S trainings
- Act as Payroll administrator and be a super user for the Staff Management System and generate the schedules using the system. Monitor attendance of the sales co-workers and monitor sickness and other absences levels.
- Provide the Showroom Sales Manager with feedback and their recommendations during the Probationary period reviews and annually reviews for the staff in the customer service department.
- Coach, communicate and co-ordinate junior members in the team in order to ensure the best possible Customer Service to the customer.
4 to 5 years
Not Specified at least
Construction - Residential & Commercial/Office Real Estate/Property Management Retail
About this Company
Al-Futtaim’s family business traces its origins back to the 1930s on the banks of the Dubai Creek, a trailblazer for innovative trading concepts designed to enrich lifestyles.
See all Careers and Jobs at Al-Futtaim
Today, Al-Futtaim is present in 29 countries, represents over 200 companies spanning the...