- Experience Needed:
- More than 10 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
About the Job
- At the beginning of a project, the construction manager prepares a plan that details the steps required, and then calculates the material costs and personnel needed to complete the project.
- He prepares a timeline to show when each stage must be completed if the final deadline is to be met.
- The construction manager determines the permits necessary and ensures that they are obtained.
- He reviews the budget for the project and prepares a detailed plan to allocate the funds by stage or by labor, materials and contingencies.
- A construction manager is often involved in negotiating with vendors and suppliers to obtain the best price and delivery schedule.
- He might solicit bids from several suppliers before making a decision.
- If subcontractors are needed, he is normally responsible for selecting them and negotiating the terms of their contracts.
- The construction manager might also need to negotiate with one or more vendor representatives to finalize a contract between the company and the selected vendor.
- Construction manager revises his schedule as needed, reordering tasks or assignments so that the final deadline can still be met.
- Budget revisions might also be needed, especially if schedule changes are going to require additional manpower or overtime.
- The construction manager organizes activities and meets with his assistant managers or supervisors to review goals and progress.
- Construction manager must prepare reports for their superiors or clients.
- Items typically included in these reports include cost overruns, work progress vs agreed plan, issues for the causes of construction delays.
- Other reports that might be needed include incident reports if a worker is injured.
More than 10 years
Bachelor's Degree at least
Construction - Industrial Facilities and Infrastructure Engineering Services
About this Company
Oriental Weavers was founded in 1979 by industrialist and entrepreneur Mohammed Farid Khamis and has been traded on the Egyptian Exchange since 1997. From a single loom — and building on Egypt’s long textile tradition which dates back to a linen cloth made in Upper Egypt...
See all Careers and Jobs at Oriental Weavers