- Experience Needed:
- More than 7 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
4,000 to 4,500 EGP per month, Transfer allowance
About the Job
- Hotels, airlines, car rental facilities, resorts and travel agencies all employ Reservation Agents. Their job is to assist customers with the planning and booking aspect of their vacation or stay. They may support customers in person, on the phone, online or a combination of these. They answer customers’ questions, make travel suggestions and book rooms and tickets.
- Although Reservation Agents report to a supervisor, their work is performed with minimal supervision. Reservation Agents must be comfortable working independently.
- The main duty of a Reservation Agent is to assist customers with planning and booking reservations. This can mean booking a hotel room, a car rental, airplane tickets, a cruise package or tickets to a show. They may also help plan travel itineraries by suggesting local tourist attractions and places of interest. They then process payments and send the details and confirmation to the guest. When issues arise with reservations, the Reservation Agent is often contacted to sort out the issues.
Provide Customer Service
- Reservation Agents must be very knowledgeable on the services they are selling or promoting. Customers will often have questions throughout the booking process and the Reservation Agent is expected to answer them. If the question is not something the Reservation Agent knows or has immediate access to, it is their responsibility to obtain the answer and get back to the customer.
Sell Services and Product
- Selling services and products are also a key duty of Reservation Agents. They are often encouraged to upsell by offering their clients additional services or special packages. Hotels and cruises sell package deals; car rental facilities sell additional insurance packages and car upgrades; and airlines sell seats with additional legroom and services, just to name a few. Some jobs offer their Reservation Agents bonuses or perks for reaching monthly or quarterly goals, while others may place a minimum requirement for their Reservation Agents to meet.
Must have impeccable customer service skills and be excellent communicators. They should also be detail-orientated and enjoy assisting others. In addition to these traits, employers look for applicants with the following skills.
- Basic computer proficiency
- Data entry experience
- Working knowledge of office equipment, such as copiers, fax machines, and scanners
- Call center experience
- Experience in sales
- Good English language and will be perfect if he have two or more languages
About this Company
Mubasher International for Hotels, a Kuwaiti Shareholding Co was established in 2006 acquiring the business interests of erstwhile Mubasher Holidays which continues to be the brand/trade name. The company is owned and managed by a team of professionals having expertise in...
See all Careers and Jobs at Mubasher Holidays Intl. Wholesaler