Skills And Tools:
Role: To provide leadership, timely innovation, and solution-focused in the area of infrastructure design, electrical substation projects, general structural/civil design projects.
act as a key member of the team who is ultimately responsible for the (Civil/structural design) direction, ensuring that the design is coordinated between disciplines and resources are allocated and available on each project to meet the project timeframe.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for development and growth of the Civil/Structural design team.
- Develop vision and goals for the civil engineering team, in alignment with broader company Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Developing management skills among the Civil design Engineering team members, on complex, multi-service civil engineering projects.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to the team members, including regular performance reviews.
- Preparing the overall plan of work of the Structural/Civil Design team.
- Interfacing with Clients, maintaining quality from initial till delivery.
- Check the design criteria and basic designs of Structural works to obtain the maximum quality.
- Review and validate that all Structural designs, drawings and documents are to current codes and standards and in accordance with the company policies and standards.
- Conduct frequent meetings with the project’s client/consultant to coordinate the project’s design needs and requirements, solve any problems, or clarify technical issues.
- Compare the project’s architectural, mechanical, electrical, and civil drawings to identify any gaps or conflicts, coordinate with the Engineering Manager to tackle those issues.
- Set the design and shop drawings technical specifications and quality standards, and conform to recognized procedures.
- Support and supervise the Shop Drawing team (in head office and on-site) to provide technical assistance and/or review, verify, and check drawings, forms, and designs.
- Liaise with projects’ site teams to identify common inquiries, and send Request For Information (RFIs) for the project consultant, to seek clarification regarding technical specifications and requirements.
- Conduct Quantity Survey (QS) to support the Procurement department in determining the needed quantities to plan for subcontractors’ deals, and provide clarification for QS team whenever needed.
- Report to the Project Manager and/or Engineering Manager, on a frequent basis, the project’s technical progress and performance with regards to Shop Drawing and Design.
Educational Qualification: Bachelor Engineering Degree - Civil or is a must.
Professional Certification: One of IPMA, PRMG, PMP certificate, or equivalents is an advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Able to set priorities and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in leading a Civil/Structural Engineering design team consisting of 5 members or greater;
- Leadership and management experience in a plan check and code compliance role (public sector or consultant);
- Good command of English written and spoken.
- Business writing skills.
- Experience in dealing with complex situations.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change.
- Demonstrating previous exposure to projects stakeholders and an understanding of basic technical language Providing proven
- Possessing experience interacting with executive-level staff.
- General MS Office Program skills.
- Excellent dealing with structural analysis and design software and tools.
- Technical Office Engineer - St...Confidential Company - Cairo, Egypt3 days ago
- Technical Office EngineerConfidential Company - Alexandria, Egypt18 hours ago