- Experience Needed:
- More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
The Regional Center (RC) Cairo will provide integrated policy and technical support to United Nations Country Teams (UNCTs) where UN Women has no ongoing field presence to enable UNW participate more effectively in the UN Regional Directors Teams and regional coordination mechanisms.
Under the daily supervision of the HR Associate and matrix supervision of the HR Business Partner, the Human Resource (HR) Assistant is responsible for administratively and logistically supporting the recruitment and placement, administration of benefits and entitlements of staff and local external contractors, other HR administration issues and separation of personnel in the regional office and programme presence countries.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of Human Resources Associate, the Human Resources Assistant will be responsible for the following duties.
1. Ensures implementation of HR strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of HR processes and records with UN/UN Women rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
- RO/CO Human Resources business processes mapping and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Human Resources management in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management;
- Provision of information to the management and personnel on strategies, rules and regulations;
- Ensure proper documentation of all recruitment i.e. proper contract management, mandatory certificates, medical and reference checks and other types of documents are compliant with audit requirements;
- Ensure a properly working filing system of personnel files with respect to relevant documents, contracts, and payment files
- Ensure proper e-archive system of all HR Records for the regional office and programme presence countries;
- Drafts correspondence relating to personnel matters and brief staff FTAs, SC, and SSA holders on their entitlements and responsibilities;
- Prepare monthly attendance sheets for FTAs (national and international), SC and SSA updating and monitoring leave balances and leave records.
2. Implements Human Resource services for the Regional Office and Programme Presence focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Assist HR Associate in recruitment process; drafting job descriptions and vacancy announcements, posting VAs, preparing necessary recruitment documents;
- Update of positions in Atlas, association of positions to chart fields (COAs), update of COA information, timely follow up with Finance staff on contracted personnel payroll issues;
- Input and tracking of all transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, recoveries, adjustments and separations;
- Organizing the interview panel, informing the candidates and function as secretary to the interview panels;
- Maintenance and regular update of the country office staffing table and HR data base;
- Collection of background information for submissions to the Compliance Review Panel (CRP);
- Maintain and update the country office rosters including e-rosters;
- Maintaining proper filing system for HR records and documents and taking care of personnel folders;
- Validation and provision of information for cost-recovery bills in Atlas for HR services provided by UNDP to other Agencies;
- Provide clerical support in the recruitment of local general service staff.
3. Management of recruitment and selection process and administration of Consultants, Individual Contractors and interns:
- Provide support in hiring national and international consultants under Special Service Agreement modality;
- Administer placement interns.
4. Ensures facilitation of knowledge buildi &
More than 5 years
Not Specified at least
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement;
- Leading by Example.
- Strong knowledge of HR administration, processes and policies;
- Ability to administer and execute administrative processes and transactions;
- Ability to handle information of a confidential nature;
- Ability to provide inputs to business processes re-engineering, implementation of new systems;
- Good quantitative skills; ability to produce reports;
- Strong IT skills.
Required Skills and Experience
Education and Certification:
- Completion of Secondary education is required;
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management; business Administration, or related field is an asset;
- Professionally qualified certificate in Human Resources Management is an advantage.
- A minimum of (5) years of relevant experience in Human Resources Management;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, outlook etc.);
- Previous experience in administrating a broad range of entitlements & benefits, recruitment and contract administration is needed;
- Work Experience in gender equality and Women's empowerment is an advantage;
- Work experience with international organization and /or working with other United Nations Common System is desirabl;
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems including ATLAS is an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required;
- Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset.
- All applications must include (as an attachment) the completed UN Women Personal History form (P-11) which can be downloaded from http://www.unwomen.org/about-us/employmen;.
- Kindly note that the system will only allow one attachment. Applications without the completed UN Women P-11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment. Make sure that you provide a valid email address for future communications.
About this Company
UNDP works in about 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion. We help countries to develop policies, leadership skills, partnering abilities, institutional capabilities and build resilience in order to sustain development results.
See all Careers and Jobs at United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)