Skills And Tools:
- An import specialist works to manage and oversee imported goods into a country.
- Import specialist job involves charging, costing and arranging the movement of goods and flow of paperwork to ensure Customs clearances are obtained quickly and deliveries are made in good time.
- They will generally be responsible for managing the full import process for a shipment, from start to finish.
- Import specialists will liaise with overseas offices, partners, and agents.
- You will be responsible for arranging and completing all associated paperwork, which documents the nature of the goods being imported are legitimate.
- import specialists are responsible for costing jobs and ensuring maximum profitability for their organization.
- An import specialist job requires establishing contacts and relationships with HM Customs to ensure efficient transfer of goods through the legal process.
- Import specialists may be required to check goods in as they arrive against paperwork to ensure all goods ordered are accounted for.
- Be in close contact with the warehouse department to monitor the stock levels to avoid any shortage
- A very good command of English is a must
- The role of Import specialist involves being able to manage deadlines and sometimes difficult situations, therefore an element of negotiation is required in order to be able to meet timescales.
- Logistics Specialist - import ...Confidential Company - Heliopolis, Cairo6 days ago
- Import specialistConfidential Company - Nasr City, Cairo15 days ago
- Import and Export Logistic Sup...Confidential Company - Mohandessin, Giza7 days ago
- Foreign Purchasing SpecialistConfidential Company - Nasr City, Cairo25 days ago