- Experience Needed:
More than 7 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
The purpose of this position is to lead individual, multi-disciplined real estate project solutions for a Corporate Client throughout the EMEA region. This position will be responsible for the A to Z Program Management of a number of projects in the Client’s Corporate Real Estate portfolio, ranging from expansion of existing offices and/or laboratories to delivery of fully fitted out offices or laboratories buildings (Office & Labs Fit out’s)
- Work with in-house program management, design, workplace strategy, and IT/AV teams to develop project parameters and programming requirements.
- Review, understand, and comment on lease, from vendor requirements to restoration conditions.
- Interpret programming and project requirements into strategy for design and construction.
- Responsibility for Cost Management oversight; maintain project anticipated cost report (ACR), create project cash flow report and coordinate the rolling Capital Plan; Work with construction lead to generate project budget.
- Using the CBRE PJM database, kahua for all schedule, budget and risk tracking and reporting
- Ensuring all necessary internal and external project approvals are sought and governance processes are followed (Project charter, spend and transaction approvals (CARs), design authority approvals, procurement approvals, legal approvals, landlord lease compliance activities, building licenses and occupation licenses).
- Responsibility to manage and drive Project KPI scoring.
- Drive process improvement and compliance with the client playbook along with corporate design standards.
- Supporting with the management including handover to operations or until full close out has been agreed, whichever is later, including site selection, design, budget/cost/changes, schedule, procurement, construction, and handover to Facilities, performance feedback and lessons learned.
- Follow the stage process and integrated delivery model for all projects, supporting project delivery from Initiate to Close.
- With the Regional Capital Project Lead ensure all project participants, Regional Ops Director and other Stakeholders are managed to deliver to parameters agreed in the Strategic Execution Plan (SEP) (customer brief, headcount, time, cost, quality, safety and customer satisfaction).
- Constantly be identifying and managing risks, communicating and reporting issues, health status and action plan across all elements of the project.
- Support of the Regional Capital Project Lead with the production and agreement of the SEP which will be the Program Managers game plan for the project.
- Identify and appoint project consultants and teams through RFP process.
- Negotiate fee commensurate to scope requirements and market conditions, comment on and execute contracts.
- Manage entire design and construction work-stream from initiation, design, construction, and closeout.
- Awareness of work-streams outside of design and construction (workplace strategy, FF&E, IT/AV, telephony).
- Work with landlords and building ownership to ensure on-time delivery of lease required scope.
- Work with local municipalities to understand and to expedite the permitting and inspection process.
- Document project status, team meetings, correspondence.
- Prepare and distribute timely project communications with management, integrated project teams, and stakeholders.
- Conduct site walkthroughs to ensure conformance to design specifications and building codes.
- Vendor invoice management (execute POs, review and track invoices, negotiate change orders).
- Other duties as assigned.
More than 7 years
Education and Experience:
- BSC. in Civil Engineering or Construction job-related education.
- Supplementary PM qualification/professional quantity surveyor highly preferred.
- PM Specific certificates / licenses required including APMP, LEED, RICS or equivalent .
- 7+ years of experience in commercial construction projects.
- Previously managed large projects, preferably both Office & Lab Fitout’s .
- Experience in financial management of budget and cost control methods.
- Fluent written and spoken English. Additional languages would be a plus.
- Excellent user of MS Office and Internet.
- Ability to read and understand architectural and MEP drawings.
- Knowledge in MS Project, leases, contracts, and construction practices.
- In-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to calculate complex figures. Ability to forecast and prepare budgets. Conducts financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports.
- Expert in procurement of large project teams and RFP processes.
Job Related Skills:
- Ability to simultaneously act as a program manager, internal CRE ambassador, educator, analyst, and solutions architect on a number of different projects.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the most complex business documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action.
- Technical proficiency in design and construction means and methods
- Own schedule, budget, and client organizations quality standards
- Project leadership through planning, problem solving, clear communication, and follow up
- Manage multiple projects and project teams concurrently
- Develop and communicate project strategy to internal and external project team.
Additional Technical Skills:
- Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions for a growing matrix-based multi-industry sales environment. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the company.
- Can operate in autonomous and unstructured environments.
- Comfortable operating at a tactical and operational level.
- Ability to confidently operate within a fast-paced and complex environment.
- Has strong time management and organizational skills.
- May provide formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area.
- May prepare and deliver performance appraisal for staff. Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
- Manages 3rd party project delivery resources/team (typically larger more experienced team). Responsible for identifying training needs, tracking performance, coaching, and motivating team members.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of procedures, company policies and business practices to achieve general results.
- Responsible for setting department deadlines.
- Ability to travel up to 35% of the time is a must.
About this Company
CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE:CBRE), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (based on 2017 revenue). The company has more than 80,000 employees (excluding affiliates) and serves real...
See all Careers and Jobs at CBRE GWS