- Experience Needed:
More than 3 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
English Supervisor KG Stage
Planning & Implementation:
- Setting the curriculum plan and developing supplementary curriculum materials such as booklets, quizzes, sheets, projects, and assessments. And when necessary, recommending and approving changing the curriculum textbooks in coordination with the principal and the school director. And, communicating the plans to teachers and parents at the beginning of the school year
- Preparing weekly plans:
- Following up with curriculum implementation and the achievement of key benchmarks through but not limited to: classroom observation; review of student artifacts such as classwork, homework, projects, and assessments; and analyzing assessment results.
- Planning, preparing and organizing the summer school program for their respective subject in terms of curriculum, teachers, and tools and materials
- Suggesting, planning, preparing, organizing, and executing general and subject-specific events, activities, the morning line, competitions, events, field trips, open days, ceremonies, and other in-school and out of school events that foster the curriculum program in coordination with the school director and the stage principal.
Assessment & Grade Reporting:
- Making the necessary preparations for summative assessments such as: preparing revision sheets and summative assessments; following up with revision sessions, participating in exam administration and proctoring; correcting summative assessments, supervising reexamination, reporting, and conducting test score analysis.
- Setting the grading policy/distribution for each subject in collaboration with the stage principal, ensuring that teachers record grades in grade book throughout the school year, and ensuring that report cards filled in an orderly, timely, and credible manner.
- Keeping a portfolio of curricular artifacts for each grade level supervising
- Conducting an evaluation of curriculum at the end of each term by reviewing and analyzing curriculum artifacts and by inviting the different stakeholders (such as teachers, administrators, students, and parents) to voice successes, failures, and suggestions for improvement
- Improving the curriculum as per the recommendation of the curriculum evaluation results
Teachers & Instruction:
- Communicating current and projected hiring needs to the stage principal.
- Participating in the recruitment of needed staff, through but not limited to attending recruitment fairs
- Participating in the teacher selection process, preparing needed exams, interview questions, and demo lesson requirements, etc. in collaboration with the stage principal and the school director. And voicing opinions regarding prospective teachers; approving or disapproving teachers.
- Preparing introductory training to familiarize prospective teachers with the curriculum, and general and subject-specific teaching methodology.
- Evaluating new teachers within the first 3 months of their employment
- Preparing and submitting weekly plans that are elaborate, detailed, and that provide adequate guidance for teachers and students
- Reviewing all teacher lesson plans on a regular basis
- Ensuring that teachers communicate with students in formal English/Arabic inside and outside of class and set the expectation for students to speak and respond in fluent English/Arabic
- Ensuring that teachers enrich classrooms with visuals and decorations that facilitate and foster the learning process.
- Regularly conducting classroom observations to follow up with teacher performance
Professional Development & Teacher Training
- Conducting classroom visits routinely to improve teachers' teaching practice, and accordingly providing constructive feedback, (orally, or through modeling), coordinating peer observations, and organizing professional development workshops tailored to teachers’ needs.
- Documenting logs of classroom observations and peer observations
- Recommending, organizing, as well as attending external trainings, and conferences, and accordingly apply
More than 3 years
About this Company
MASTERS aims to establish a leading academic community that serves a standard education which motivates and prepares students for success.
See all Careers and Jobs at Masters Language School