- Experience Needed:
More than 15 years
- Career Level:
Senior Management (e.g. VP, CEO)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
The post will be closed on Saturday, July 11, 2020
The SEFPP Finance and Operations Director will be a full-time position based in Cairo, Egypt. S/he will be responsible for overall financial management and operations of the program activity. Management support areas and functions include finance, sub-agreement partner and grants management, operations including safety and security, human resources and procurement. The Finance and Operations Director will report to the Chief of Party and supervises the Finance Manager, Procurement Manager, HR/Operations Manager, Grants Manager and IT Officer.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provide financial management and administration oversight of the cooperative agreement and of the implementation of program activities;
- Responsible for up-to-date policies and procedures for Operations, Personnel, Grants Management, and Safety & Security in line with JSI templates and requirements as well as donor and host country government requirements;
- Oversee finance, grants, operations, human resources and procurement areas;
- Provide training and/or guidance to staff on areas of finance and operations;
- Prepare and/or review monthly financial reports and tools (including budget tracking, obligation tracking, field financial accounts, accruals reports, donor reports) and ensure timely submission to the JSI HQ or donor;
- Update and monitor annual budget, review variations and share with Chief of Party and JSI HQ;
- Manage costing and ongoing monitoring of annual work plan budgets;
- Ensure the complete documentation and accountability of all financial transactions;
- Coordinate with the COP to ensure that strategic and periodic budgets and forecasts are prepared and submitted in a timely fashion;
- Oversee granting and financial support to local partners, including the three main sub-partners and grants to Egyptian Government;
- Work with project and sub-partner staff to ensure a robust budgeting and financial management and tracking system that adequately accounts for project funds;
- Certify the monthly payroll for full time staff.
- Authorize or certify the monthly cash follow request
- Certify the monthly field accounts documentation, including QuickBooks vouchers
- Ensure accurate and timely financial information is presented to USAID, management, and project staff for decision-making;
- Ensure cost savings / effectiveness and reasonableness in all allocated expenses for the project;
- Ensure compliance with local statutes, including, taxation and annual audits, etc.
- Any other work assigned by the Chief of Party.
More than 15 years
About this Company
We are public health care and health systems consultants and researchers driven by a passion to improve health services and health outcomes for all.
See all Careers and Jobs at John Snow InC