- Experience Needed:
More than 7 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Education Level:
About the Job
This CW site Leader will be responsible for performing a proper supervision of sub-contractors site works, reporting directly to the Civil Works Project Manager while work is taking place. Civil Work Site Leader will also keep in close contact with sub-contractors site team and company consultant team at all times, and liaises with site engineers, surveyors, technicians, planners and subcontractors. He will also ensure that site activities comply with standards
What are my responsibilities?
- Monitor progress against the project time schedule and budget, identifying and mitigating diverse trends through effective corrective management actions
- Monitor and report project progress and status throughout the project lifecycle ensuring timely and accurate reports are prepared as required by the Client
- Project Planning and progress analysis and reporting
- Interfacing with Customer, Consultant and Sub-contractors to ensure the successful and timely delivery and execution of all project scope
- Interfaces with Project different scopes, such as Power Supply, Telecommunication and Signaling Systems.
- Co-ordinate all project work packages (Civil/Trenching, Building) with responsible sub- contractors
- In charge for the Site Setup, Mobilization and Resource Management
- Responsible for Risk analysis and management
- Managing the contractual scope of supply throughout the project lifecycle
- Responsible for warranty management ensuring closure of list of open points
- Ensure the implementation of Quality Management and EHS throughout the project lifecycle through effective implementation of quality assurance and EHS process
- Coordination, control and follow up of installation execution, such as civil works, trenching, electromechanical equipment, signaling, telecommunications and power supply equipment installation activities.
- Coordination of contractors with project- and site requirements. Approve contractors supply and services, monitor acceptance tests and trial run.
- Resolving construction, design and development problems through execution.
- Verification of Civil and building Subcontractor Bill of Quantities and valuations in line with purchase order.
- Responsible for keeping Project Manager informed about program and actual construction status on site.
More than 7 years
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Holding a BA Civil Engineering from reputable University / College
- At least 7 years experienced in civil area, preferably in multinational companies
- Project Management certification (PMP…etc) is preferred
- Proven experience references as project engineer of major projects preferably in Infrastructure/Civil, preferably in the transportation sector
- Working with Project Management Applications (MS Office especially Excel & PowerPoint , MS Project ® …etc)
- Excellent Command of English/Arabic
- Willingness to travel to the project site locations as necessary, also for longer periods
- Excellent computer skills, capability to express complex matters in clear and understandable language, excellent presentation and writing skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines and within budgets.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens is dedicated to quality, equality, and valuing diversity, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities within which we work. People with disabilities will be preferred in case of equal qualification. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
About this Company
Siemens AG is a German conglomerate company headquartered in Berlin and Munich and the largest industrial manufacturing company in Europe with branch offices abroad. The principal divisions of the company are Industry, Energy, Healthcare, and Infrastructure & Cities, which represent the main activities of the company.
See all Careers and Jobs at SIEMENS