Skills And Tools:
- Ensures that the items and services to build and maintain our products are purchased from specified suppliers and are delivered according to agreed terms and conditions.
- During tender stage and upon receiving the tender information from the Tendering Supervisor, including the supplier, material, and subcontractor quotations for various items of the project; conduct an analysis of the prices and selects the most appropriate alternative.
- Responsible for purchasing low current materials, power, lighting, and breakdown items.
- Assist the Tendering Estimator Engineer in obtaining best prices form subcontractors and suppliers.
- Responsible for providing the Tendering Section Head with the updated PCP Equipment and Plant logs.
- During Post contract stage; recommends to the Project Manager the most appropriate suppliers and subcontractors.
- Responsible for updating the Items List to Operations, including the various types of materials, equipment, tools, and other project consumables and requirements along with their corresponding Cost Codes.
- Review the in-house project requirements presented in the tender study and contacts the Warehousing and Operations to coordinate the provision of such items, through issuing proper Purchase Orders.
- Responsible for sending requests for Proposals or Quotations to suppliers or subcontractors if different from those considered during the tender study.
- Review received Purchase Requests from Operations, and suggests alternative suppliers and subcontractors based upon official price offers and quotations and using comparison sheets, and issues his/her recommendations to the Procurement Manager.
- Responsible for updating the Daily Purchase Orders and Purchase Requests Registers.
- Contact suppliers/subcontractors and arranges material deliveries.
- Responsible for gathering samples and data sheets for products, and supplier qualification documents.
- Responsible for gathering technical and financial offers for the materials advised by the Operations though their Purchase Requests.
- Support in receiving Purchase Requests from Operations and suggesting possible alternatives, or directly issues Purchase Orders to corresponding suppliers and subcontractors in case of no objection from his/her part.
- Support in negotiation rates with subcontractors and conducting price analysis for that purpose; while keeping the subcontractor rates at a safe margin below the Client’s BOQ rate.
- Support in searching the local and international market for new suppliers and subcontractors.
- Support in inspecting the production facilities of suppliers and implements the rating system.
- Support in finalizing the financial offer in close coordination with the Projects Control (for Direct Cost)
- Support in reviewing Tender doc's for any technical or financial queries
- Support in conducting an analysis of the prices and selects the most appropriate alternative.
- Support in the development of the procurement plan.
- Review logs of incoming and outgoing items and goods updated on the spot, and files the corresponding item delivery, release, and returns forms
- Review the incoming and outgoing items and goods are identical to those stated in their corresponding Purchase Orders, and reporting any deviation to the Project Manager; in case the storage facility is located in a project site, or to the Warehouse Manager; in case the storage facility is a PCP central store.
- Review plant & equipment logs
- Undertake any other projects/duties assigned.
- Bachelor degree in communication / power Engineering.
- 5-10 Years Experience in procurement .
- Good Knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, and MS Project.
- Good Command in English.
- Strong Communication skills.
- Procurement Section Head - Gen...Confidential Company - Madinaty, Cairo3 days ago