- Experience Needed:
- More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
A software project manager’s responsibilities will depend on the needs of clients and the desired outcome. However, based on listings we analyzed, some common duties typically expected of software project managers include the following:
- Before a software project manager can guide a team, they must fully comprehend the project’s objectives.
- Doing so involves talking with the client to grasp what the final product should look like, what time frame is satisfactory, and how much money is budgeted. Software project managers also talk with executives and software developers to get their input.
Create a Plan
- Software project managers turn the desires of the client into technical requirements that software developers understand.
- They break down the various elements involved in getting the work done, such as producing a timetable, assigning tasks to team members, and developing checkpoints for progress.
Serve as a Liaison
- As a source of consistency throughout a project, software project managers field questions and provide information for everyone involved.
- They may serve as a go-between when a client has a new demand or the tech department wants to make a change.
- Providing status reports to all interested parties is another important responsibility.
- Sometimes software project managers set up collaborative sites such as SharePoint (with varying degrees of permissions).
- As part of the creation process, tests must be performed on software to see how it measures up to expectations.
- Software project managers help determine what tests should be run and inspect the results for quality.
- They present a beta version to the client and select others for feedback.
- Software project managers look for ways to improve operations.
- They aim to do things better, faster, and cheaper whenever possible but without sacrificing quality.
- When the software is fully developed, software project managers deliver it to the client.
- They may assist in training users or writing instruction manuals.
- Periodically, software project managers check in to see how the software is performing and answer any questions.
More than 5 years
Not Specified at least
Information Technology Services
Software project managers must possess outstanding communication skills. As good listeners, they grasp what clients want. As good speakers, they make concepts understandable to laypeople. These same talents serve them well when dealing with team members too, as clarity reduces errors. Other skills essential to getting the job done include:
- Taking control of how a project will unfold requires someone who can direct others, delegate, boost morale, solve problems, and keep everything flowing
- A background in programming languages (such as C++), testing procedures, and the like enables software project managers to comprehend what is going on in the development process
- The success of a project hinges on steps being done properly and on time
Attention to detail
- Allowing things to slip through the cracks can derail progress and cost valuable money and time
- Demands come from various people throughout the day, and software project managers must prioritize and juggle them.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field such as information technology, software engineering, or computer science.
- Preferred to have PMP certificate
- 5+ years of experience in similar position
About this Company
infas ME – Member of Win Group, is an IT Dubai-based company founded in 1997. The company offers a wide range of ECM solutions and Document Management Services based on leading technology providers. For more than 15 years, the company has successfully implemented enormous...
See all Careers and Jobs at infasme.com