- Experience Needed:
- More than 2 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- Print production, control and monitor the flow of printed materials in a printing or publishing company.
- They check schedules, confirm product specifications, arrange adjustments, oversee the work of staff in the department, monitor the quality of the product and ensure deadlines are met.
- Print production assistants arrange page layouts of books, magazine articles, photographs and advertising, draw up headlines and prepare copy for printing.
- Most print production (also called print production , producers, or print specialists) work as part of a team that includes sales editors, graphic designers, project managers and art directors.
- Liaising with these professionals, it is their responsibility to coordinate the process of printing according to company requirements.
- Many print production managers are often independent consultants who work with smaller design studios and agencies by project.
- The print media sector is traditionally a large employer in Ireland. It is a technology driven sector which supports multi national activity as well as local industries.
- Recommending efficient, time-saving project production flows.
- Identifying and selecting appropriate options for binding, inks, paper, varnishes, and special printing processes.
- Recommending the best printers for the specific project.
- Writing effective creative briefs and print specs that reflect client goals, printing requirements, scheduling, and budget constraints.
- Selecting and negotiating with vendors to agree on best price, quality, and due date.
- Sending requests for estimates to printers and follow up.
- Communicating the designer’s requirements to vendors.
- Creating and managing print production schedules
- Examining finished samples and approving quality before delivery to client.
- Reviewing, negotiating, and approving final invoices for payment.
More than 2 years
Not Specified at least
Marketing and Advertising