Planning & Monitoring Process:
- Reviews OPD schedules in relation to physical space utilization, physicians’ working hours fulfillment and specialties coverage.
- Reviews OPD target cascading on specialties and physicians, and intervenes when needed to ensure targets cascaded lead to overall OPD targets achievement.
- Plans new annual CAPEX; providing the list of all maintenance required for OPD instruments and new instruments to be purchased.
- Plans, in cooperation and alignment of BD team, marketing activities and campaigns for physicians and gives direction on intensifying marketing activities, positioning of physicians according to agreed privilege, marketing activities on new service integration, leading to increasing OPD volume.
- Monitors daily reports for revenue stream tracking to ensure the targeted revenue growth achievement.
- Monitors closely and analyses volume and charge per volume measures, accordingly makes needed decisions and plans to secure the targeted revenue growth.
- Monitors Exclusive Doctors performance, evaluates quality and effectiveness of feedback sessions, reviews corrective actions taken by OPD Manager in this concern, reviews status of implementation and corrective actions success rate, hence gives direction to OPD Manager on the areas of focus to improve the quality of performance analysis, performance management and quality of decisions taken.
- Minimizes % Claims rejection rate in OPD, and plans needed actions to prevent claim errors due to medical or administrative reasons.
- Plans –in cooperation with L&D department- OPD staff continuous development and ensures that OPD staff is well trained to undertake all job duties, and maintain expected level of communication with physicians and patients.
- Plays an effective role in OPD Manpower planning and optimization in cooperation with HR Planning team, based on specialties utilization analysis.
- Monitors compliance to OPD policies and procedures, and plans needed courses of actions to improve compliance and intervenes whenever needed to improve adherence of Exclusive Doctors to attendance policy.
- Monitors OPD documentation in aspects of compliance and quality of documentation, reviews with OPD Manager operational challenges in this regard and plans methods to remove obstacles and improve OPD documentation.
- Monitors – on daily basis- cash return % and manages OPD front office staff performance in minimizing this % through effective handling and communication with patients.
Operation Excellence Process:
- Reviews with OPD Manager, OPD discipline in terms of physicians’ attendance, average waiting time in OPD, clinics modification and cancellation rate, physicians’ delay, and reviews actions taken by OPD Manager, and takes further actions when needed to keep discipline in place.
- Attends Hospital Operational meetings, weekly assumptions and reviews involving OPD clinics.
- Support the management team with the feedback of the staff member especially Exclusive doctors on a regular basis.
- Coordinates with the marketing teams for outdoor visits for Exclusive Doctors and make sure all shifts are covered.
- Oversees OPD Nursing compliance to their schedules and intervenes with needed actions to increase their compliance to schedules, policies and procedures.
Customer Satisfaction Process:
- Reviews patient experience reports, patient complaints reports and investigations, patients’ comments on social media, and takes needed courses of action to rectify defects in process to maintain maximal patients’ satisfaction levels.
- Shows deep understanding of patients’ needs and expectations of services provided and hence directs OPD operational activities, whenever possible, to meet patients’ needs and expectations.
- Undertakes continuous revision and development of OPD policies, procedures and process to ensure smoothest flow of operations and facilitates patients’ access to service.
- Sets plans to retain high performing physicians and creates a positive work environment that ensures physicians’ engagement, motivation and loyalty.
- Undertakes conducting engagement surveys for Exclusive physicians, analyses results and takes needed actions to remove any obstacles hindering physicians’ satisfaction and engagement.