Skills And Tools:
Under the direct management of the Support Services Coordinator, the Finance Manager oversees the delegation's financial resources management.
Autonomously guarantees and manages the financial equilibrium and stability of the delegation, and ensures compliance with TDH procedures, donors' guidelines, and local legislation.
Specific Responsibilities / Context
- Lead the delegation finance & accounting team, set objectives, and assess direct reports.
- Ensure the coaching and appraisal of any collaborator under his/her responsibility, from the recruiting to the end of service. Use the good practices so that his/her management respects the values of Tdh
- Define & propose the staffing need and participate in recruitment according to the strategy and the means of the delegation
- Set communication, planning, and coordination mechanism for his/her team activities, including meetings.
- Manage contractual monitoring (Leaves, end of trial periods, evaluations…etc) for the finance team.
- Oversees the team career development, defines training needs, and provides guidance on professional development.
- Participate in the procurement committee for contracting suppliers according to Tdh procurement procedures
- Design and proper implementation of yearly Action Plan for the finance department – which set the key objectives and their prioritization, as well as to conduct a quarterly review of the department Action Plan with the SSC
- Propose with a view to making all possible improvements, including potential review of policies, tools, processes, and the finance department annual action plan
- Work with the finance team to produce quality through strong and reliable financial & accounting products, facilitating smooth, efficient, and timely projects’ implementation
- Participate with the SSC in collaboration with programs, and contribute to donors’ narrative and reports – interim and final – documents on the parts related to finance
Accounting and cash flow management
- Consolidate the monthly accounting closure of the Delegation and approve the monthly cash and bank reconciliation before sending it to the HQ
- Supervise the security of TDH funds and flows all over the country
- Pre validate the monthly accountancy closure process
- Ensure the quality of accounting, and implement spot check controls (validity of vouchers, quality of the accounting transactions, etc.)
- Implement controls of payable and receivable account management
- Carry our random physical checks of safes and cashboxes and ensure control rules are being applied
- Manage cash flow between the delegation and the HQ ensuring the treasury on all activities
- Supervise draw up cash-flow forecasts and ensure the optimal management of cash flow
Budget and donor funding contracts management
- Contribute to the draw up of the annual budget (P0, P1, P2, P3/ closing) in the respect to TDH financial guidelines and golden rules and analyses the impact on the financial plan.
- Ensure realistic budgeting, proper codification of expenses, and good budget steering
- Update the allocation system of structure costs monthly, taking into consideration being compliant with donors' guidelines
- Support in the correct financial management of the delegation; this includes, but is not limited to, follow-up of the delegation budget, donors’ budgets, contract with partners.
- Support operational teams in the design of budgets for the proposals to be submitted to donors and review and ensure approval from SSC before sending to HQ
- Manage monthly monitoring of budgets (donors’ budgets and delegation budget) and financial equilibrium of the delegation, including analysis and feedback to budget holders
- Anticipate and prepare cost or no-cost extension of donor contracts or budget amendments
- Keep up-to-date with the procedures of institutional donors providing funding for the delegation and ensure compliance with these procedures
- Ensure proper follow-up of donor deadlines as per funding database, and draw up the financial reports
- Alert when necessary, but early enough on financial risks in the delegation
- Train top management teams on budget management tools
- Ensure the respect of HQ deadlines and monitoring process
Reporting and communication
- Within his/her field of activity, participate in developing synergies with government institutions, the other NGOs, and the local organizations, liaise with external auditors and other financial institutions
- Disseminate the financial information within the delegation for both institutional and internal reporting
- Produce a monthly report to the SSC for the delegation finance department activities
- Follow up on the monetary market, prices, and exchange rates
- Follow-up on the VAT and duty exemption procedures and keep a record of the exempted materials
Perform any other tasks as may be requested by the line manager.
|Education / Qualifications|
- Finance ManagerConfidential Company - Cairo, Egypt7 days ago
- Finance ManagerConfidential Company - Sidi Gaber, Alexandria2 days ago
- Financial ManagerConfidential Company - Giza, Egypt10 days ago
- Director Of Finance -Showroom ...Confidential Company - Nasr City, Cairo2 days ago