Head Of English Department - IKC SchoolPosted 2 months ago
13Applicants for1 open position
- 1In Consideration
- 0Not Selected
Skills And Tools:
Provide professional and strategic leadership and day to day management of core responsibilities, under the direction of the relevant member of the Senior Leadership Team and to ensure student progress, achievement and wellbeing are monitored so that appropriate support, guidance and challenge is provided throughout the learning process.
Strategic and Operational Leadership
- Plan, allocate, support and evaluate the work undertaken by subject teaching staff as groups, teams and individuals within department.
- Undertake necessary research to define the Curriculum Framework to be adopted by the school across Key Stages with the approval of Key Stage Heads.
- Provide clear educational direction for subject ensuring all staff recognize their accountability for the success of subject’s outcomes.
- Enthuse, lead, develop and enhance the subject teaching practices of others across the phases, through mentoring, coaching, evaluating, supporting, guiding and target setting.
- Support, guide and advise teaching staff in all aspects of their work.
- Guide teachers in preparing Curriculum Documents in their ownership.
- Meet with team on a regular basis as stipulated in school procedures.
- Carry out class observations on a regular basis as stipulated by school Performance Management System
- Bachelor degree in a related discipline.
- Academic certificate in total quality management/ Executive management/ leadership, etc.( preferable)
- MSc Degree in Education
- Minimum 4 years of teaching experience in IGCSE/IB systems
- Extensive experience of curriculum development.
- Extensive experience of staff development.
- E-Learning DirectorConfidential Company - Heliopolis, Cairo18 days ago
- School Principal ( Alexandria)Confidential Company - Montaza, Alexandria1 month ago