Lecturer in Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Power/EnergyEl Sewedy Education - The Knowledge Hub Universities - New Capital, CairoPosted 25 days ago
- 0In Consideration
- 0Not Selected
Skills And Tools:
1. To contribute to teaching and learning in the field of Engineering.
2. The successful candidate will be able to contribute to the delivery of topics relating to such Electrical Engineering, Power Systems, Maths, and Applied Sciences among others.
3. All role holders will have a growing reputation in a combination of teaching and/or scholarship and/or research and/or enterprise, a good understanding of resource management and administration in their own area. Typically, roles will incorporate at least two areas of focus. Role holders will contribute to income generation and the continual enhancement of the activity, knowledge and values required for internationalizing HE.
4. In future this role will also be expected to engage actively in research and income generation with a focus on Electrical Engineering.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To take responsibility for the development, preparation and delivery of teaching, learning and assessment both at undergraduate and postgraduate levels including module leadership where appropriate. To contribute to the development, organization and management of the curriculum to include international and intercultural experiences.
- To demonstrate good practice in teaching, learning and assessment using a wide range of learning resources and appropriate pedagogic practice.
- To ensure that teaching is informed by contemporary research in the relevant field and develops the ability of students to engage in debate, critical discourse and rational thinking.
- To contribute to the wider student experience e.g. through personal tutoring, participation in recruitment, involvement in employability initiatives.
- To reflect critically on personal teaching practice, implement improvements, and engage actively with the quality monitoring and enhancement processes.
- To assist with the development of external partnerships in Egypt and/or overseas and development of relationships with professional organisations and agencies where appropriate.
- To work effectively as a team member, contributing to committees and working groups, and where appropriate supervising or mentoring other members of staff.
To undertake professional development in support of both teaching and research.
In future/at a later date to undertake research as appropriate, through a range of approaches,
· contributing actively to Faculty Research Centres or communities of practice internally and/or externally
· working on externally-funded projects or contracts
· assisting with bid-writing or tendering for external funding
· disseminating research outputs using a range of media e.g. academic publications, external reports, conference presentations, short courses for knowledge transfer, exhibitions, performances
· developing external networks nationally and/or internationally
· supervising research students
AND such other duties as are within the scope of the spirit of the job purpose, the title of the post and its grading.
Head of School/Assistant Professor
Assistant Lecturers, Instructors, Research staff as appropriate
- PhD in an appropriate subject or equivalent (where equivalence is having evidence of a submitted thesis by the closing date for applications and award within Probation)
- Or (if from Professional practice background) a good Honours Degree and (and/or Master’s degree) and appropriate professional qualifications and/or membership and/or equivalent professional qualifications that might be considered as equivalent to a PhD.
- Detailed understanding and knowledge of academic theory and/or practice in a relevant subject/discipline.
- Active membership of a professional body
- Recognised teaching qualification
- HEA Accredited
- Some teaching experience at higher education level with evidence of successful student learning outcomes
- Or (If from Professional practice background) evidence of high-quality presentation skills, and evidence of coaching, or mentoring and teaching other professionals
- Willingness to undertake a teaching qualification (if not already qualified)
- Evidence of contribution to the wider student experience
- Evidence of good pedagogic practice
Research/ Scholarly Activity
- Experience of working on research projects or contracts, supported by evidence of contribution to the appropriate output
- Or (If from Professional practice background) experience of professional practice/consultancy work including evidence of effective application of solutions to business/practice problems, with associated reports or other outputs
- Experience of partnership working with external organisations
- Evidence of contribution to research group or network or community of practice
- Recent, relevant, business experience
Job-related skills and capabilities:
- Ability to work independently, to take the initiative, and to innovate
- Commitment to delivering high quality services to students and external clients
- Good organisational skills
- Suitable level of proficiency in ICT and understanding of its application to teaching, learning and applied research
- Ability to support the development and delivery of professional learning and development programmes and contribute to other commercial activity associated with teaching,
- Ability to develop and maintain successful external and internal networks to seed relationships for future business collaborations
- Ability to contribute to the development and delivery of transnational education partnerships and international commercial projects
- An appreciation of other cultures; the global reach of the University and its International agenda
- Evidence of successful professional networking
- Some experience of managing or administering
- Effective oral and written communication skills in both individual and group situations
- Ability to work as a member of a team or group
- Ability to relate to students with diverse backgrounds, ages and experience
- Ability to relate to a range of external clients and partners of the university from the private/public/voluntary sectors
- Willingness to undertake academic activities in the evening when necessary, and participate in occasional weekend activities such as recruitment days
- A willingness to travel locally, nationally, and internationally as required to undertake academic and related activities.
- Ability to contribute to the development of the curriculum to include international and intercultural experiences
- Experience of living/ working abroad
- Competence in more than one language
- Sales Technical EngineerFuture For General Supplies & Importing and Subcontracting - Giza, Egypt8 days ago