Skills And Tools:
A logistics specialist is responsible for the oversight of the life cycle of products, including preparation, shipping and receiving, coordinate with sales team to promote accurate and timely processing of orders. Ensuring that customer’s needs are met and that company policy and compliance regulations are adhered to. Additionally, logistics specialists develop reports showing transportation costs on precise projects and moves.
Duties of a logistics specialist:
- Plan and implement supply chain optimization projects (e.g. warehouse-slotting, route planning)
- Select carriers and negotiate contracts and rates.
- Plan and monitor inbound and outgoing deliveries.
- Supervise logistics, transportation, and customer services.
- Coordinate with sales team to promote accurate and timely processing of orders for customers
- Track shipments across multiple channels
- Discover the most cost-effective shipping modes and schedules
- Respond to any issues or complaints.
- Ensure all operations adhere to laws, guidelines.
- Implementing and development operational policies and procedures
- Approve time sheets associated with deliveries and pick-ups
- Oversee inventory procedures
- Track KPIs and report on supply chain performance
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- 2+ years previous experience in logistics management or coordination.
- Familiarity with supply chain processes (e.g. Inventory planning, warehouse management)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, relational databases and ERP systems
- Strong analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Languages: English Professional Level.
- Location: Remotely, from home.
- Home Office: A suitable work location / environment within the home with Computer, High Speed Internet, and Camera.
- Import Logistics OfficerConfidential Company - 6th of October, Giza10 days ago
- Logistics SpecialistConfidential Company - Abu Qir, Alexandria9 days ago