Skills And Tools:
IT Support Engineer
- Administer network workstations, utilizing one or more TCP/IP or non-TCP/IP networking protocols.
- Evaluate and/or recommend purchases of computers, network hardware, peripheral equipment, and software.
- Investigate user problems, identify their source, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions.
- Install, configure, and maintain personal computers, file servers, network cabling, and other related equipment, devices, and systems; adds or upgrades and configures modems, disk drives, data acquisition boards, CD ROM units, printers, and related equipment.
- Perform and/or oversee software and application development, installation, and upgrades.
- Maintain site licenses for department/organization.
- Troubleshoot networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
- Identify utilization patterns and their effect on operation/system availability and performance expectations.
- Ensure timely user notification of maintenance requirements and effects on system availability.
- Investigate, recommend and install enhancements and operating procedures that optimize network availability.
- Document network problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Proven experience as a help desk technician or other customer support role
- Excellent communication skills