- Experience Needed:
2 to 5 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in business or a technical discipline desirable.
- More than 2 years work experience in Procurement discipline is preferred, ideally within a large multi-national company.
- Fleet experience is a plus
- Developing understanding of the end to end Procurement process including experience of Strategic Sourcing & Supplier Management.
- Strong organizational skills, capacity to quickly identify problems and structure solutions, and to plan and prioritize multiple projects, while maintaining high quality and meeting or exceeding deadlines.
- A team player who is willing to go above and beyond to meet goals and objectives.
- Ability to work as a team member and/or independently towards departmental objectives
- Effective communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written. Fluent English is a must.
- Sound IT skills – particularly in Excel spreadsheet, word processing and presentation packages.
- Ability to manage and prioritize a diverse workload and adapt to changing priorities and assignments
- Good Analytical Skills
- Act as the coordinator and liaison between client groups, suppliers, the appropriate sourcing teams and the BP&O group.
- Resolve issues related to the P2P, as required.
- Develop and enhance Procurement relationships with clients at the market / site level, from the procurement business process perspective.
- Ensure clear, effective communication exists between all parties involved.
- Provide communication between market / site issues and Procurement management.
II - Business Processes:
- Work with BP&O team to implement and maintain efficient and effective procurement process solutions, contribute to the continuous improvement of GP practices, procedures and systems to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- Act in support of Procurement Lead and team to implement the P2P dimension of Sourcing Strategies.
- Functional expert and super user for site and support to Buyers on Ariba functionality.
- Negotiate contracts for the procurement of required goods and services from approved suppliers
- Develop, implement and maintain procurement policies and review on a regular basis
- Ensure conformance with best practices and ensure compliance with policy and procedures
- Undertake operation of all company fleet resources in coordination of service providers and all Pfizer employees.
- In conjunction with the Fleet contractor, BP&O be responsible for implementing process enhancement projects at market/site level with the geographic scope of leadership.
- Ensure best implementation of Fleet polices & procedures and assist to prepare regular compliance reports.
- Support the implementation of regional and global Fleet initiatives including management of local compliance.
- Handle fleet activities and operations and Liaise and coordinate between different stakeholders.
- Qualify and select appropriate suppliers.
- Negotiate, conclude and maintain supply agreements.
- Handle car ownership process and unused cars.
- Implement and follow up with the fleet safety program and test drive for the new delegates.
- Assist vendor assessment and evaluation at least on yearly basis
- Archive documentation in accordance with defined policy.
III – Reporting & Analysis
- Support the analytical requirements defined by the GP reporting line, including but not limited to:
- Data gathering (internal and external) including Business requirements
- Market and supplier analysis
- Data management
- Work with internal functional experts, suppliers, and at times consultants, to implement and document various procurement team strategies and operational improvement efforts
- Develop well-rounded industry knowledge in various subcategory groupings as required to support market and/or site.
IV – Special Procurement projects:
- Perform basic Spot Buying and support local sourcing initiatives as required.
- Provide non-category specific assistance to various GP teams.
- Provide Fleet assistance to various stakeholders.
2 to 5 years
About this Company
Pfizer, the world’s largest pharmaceuticals firm and one of the oldest in America, has a long history in Egypt. It entered the country over half a century ago, in 1961. Since then it has grown to become Egypt’s seventh-largest drug provider, employing more than 600 people...
See all Careers and Jobs at Pfizer