- Experience Needed:
More than 4 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
The Borescope/robotics/NDT specialist will be required to perform services and maintenance activities on customers' site/property.
These activities contribute to, maintain, repair and refurbish sold or existing products. Includes all types of maintenance service (preventive and remedial), manage maintenance facilities and field services engineering.
- All on site inspection related service activities able to be performed at customer site.
- Includes Borescope & NDT isnpection
- Set-up and operation of Borescope inspection and Generator Robotics tools and equipment.
- Carry out Borescope and robotics Inspection on Gas turbine , steam turbines & Generators main modules and associate parts .
- Execute Borescope processes by applying the current approved technical data and standard work procedure.
- Furnish inspections report and complete documentation after completion of task.
- Carry out Total Preventative Maintenance (TPM) on borescope & Robotics equipment
- Solve technical issues and problems as appropriate when encountered during daily activities
- Assist the Operations Leadership team in their day-to-day operations to achieve production targets, corporate goals and objective
- Perform cross functional jobs within the department if required
- Suggests improvements in products, processes and procedures.
- Works together with people from the business unit.
- Setting-up and operating nondestructive inspection (PT, UT, EC, MT ) related tools/equipment.
- Performing prescribed NDT inspection techniques and processes to detect part compliance issues.
- Performing basic mathematical calculations.
- Training duties.
- Performing related environmental, health, safety, maintenance, quality, continuous improvement, and production-flow job duties to support plant machinery, equipment, and manufacturing related initiatives and programs.
- Maintaining detailed job task documentation, reports, and records.
More than 4 years
- Bachelor's Engineering degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Services).
- Proficiency in MS-Office and Computer and use of digital data logging apps in tablet devices
- Proficiency in English and other local languages (preferable)
- Ability to interpret, write & assemble technical documents, drawings, and reports.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, schedule assignments. Work effectively with minimal direction and supervision.
- Willing to travel up to 80 % of the time.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Level II cert in NDT (PT, UT, EC, MT)
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels within the company as well as organizations outside GE.
- Previous NDT Inspection processing experience.
- EH&S processes and procedures.
About this Company
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
See all Careers and Jobs at General Electric