- Master’s degree in business, accounting, finance, international development or other related field.
Skills and Experience:
- 10 to 15 years of progressively responsible and directly relevant experience in accounting and/or financial management, including the management and oversight of multimillion-dollar, USAID-funded project budgets and financial reporting;
- Extensive knowledge of and financial management experience with USAID funded-programs;
- Demonstrated and detailed understanding of financial management and accounting principles;
- Proven ability to manage a team and corresponding workflow;
- Proficiency with QuickBooks accounting system or similar software required;
- Proficiency with MS Word and MS Excel required;
- Knowledge of Egyptian labor and tax laws;
- Must be able to work within a cross cultural setting, negotiate diplomatically, and function well under pressure;
- Detail-oriented and organized.
Fluency in Arabic and English is required.
About this Company
Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity. Since 1958, we have been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world.
See all Careers and Jobs at Education Development Center (EDC)