- Experience Needed:
1 to 3 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Education Level:
About the Job
- Presales & Software Support Engineers are an integral part of our Software Product Sales team and their role is constantly evolving and will provide expert advice throughout the sales process and thereby influencing a sale.
- This role as a Pre-Sales & Support engineer may also have some post-sales duties, to ensure the successful adoption of the product and encourage further potential sales of upgrades or new products in the future.
- Pre-Sales and Support Engineer will also provide them L1 support to product-related issues.
- Pre-Sales & Support Engineer supports and collaborates with Sales, Service & Software Development teams to ensure a proposed solution includes technical details that accurately address customer needs.
Presales & Software Support Engineer duties and responsibilities
- Provide product knowledge support to Sales Team.
- Participate in Sales Meetings with the Sales and Marketing Team.
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions including time and scope involved for a customer requirement.
- Assist with Installation engineers in creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and demonstrating them to customers
- Ensuring that client systems are fully operational, and any loss of service is restored in a timely and efficient manner.
- Logging incidents and their resolutions.
- Problem determination, workaround resolution, root cause analysis, major incident management.
- Deployment of software releases and patches.
- Escalating Hardware related incidents to hardware vendors and track their status.
- Liaising with other second line support team and development team to solve Software Incidents.
- Provide consultation and informal training to end-users.
- User Management (creation, delete).
Presales & Software Support Engineer Skills & qualifications
- Deep understanding of servers, knowledge of server components, how they operate, and how to service it.
- Have cultivated a deep Linux knowledge, and be very comfortable working in various Linux environments as well as with Windows OS.
- Professional-level communication skills, with the ability to adjust communication to the technical level of the audience.
- Experience in Software Incident/Problem Management.
- Excellent follow-up and organizational skills, with a passion for solving problems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
1 to 3 years
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Exposure to debug and triage experience on Linux and Containers and deep learning frameworks.
- Experience working with distributed systems especially container orchestrators.
- Any exposure to system-level debug and triaging experience.
- Experience with Virtualization, deep learning frameworks, containers/containerization (ie Docker, Kubernetes), hybrid cloud (ie AWS, GCP).
- Experience as well as knowledge in ASP.NET MVC, jQuery, Web API, Restful Services, MS SQL Server.
- Experience with DevOps, NodeJS, MongoDB, Angular, React, EJS.