Accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
Service teaching centre, exams and UK education/information enquiries through telephone calls, and to operate telephone switchboard
- To answer all incoming calls through our call centre to corporate customer care standards
- To answer all basic enquiries (according to definition provided) to satisfaction of customer
- To respond to telephone enquiries that need following up within 12 hours unless research is required and the enquiry cannot be answered immediately.
- To acknowledge and state when answer will be provided if enquiry cannot be answered within standard period.
- Reports and call logs need to be maintained and updated on daily basis
- To approach customers proactively and offer help with finding information and using resources
- To deal with ‘first level’ customer complaints and suggestions to agreed standards
- To ensure customers are served to agreed standards
- To maintain close working relationship through briefings with teams about current and up-coming events and activities and the ways that they can be supported (e.g. provision of promotional flyers and/or posters detailing an education exhibition)
- To handle customers enquiries regarding services, products and materials are answered to agreed standards in an efficient, informed manner
- Process caller requirements in accordance with British Council’s approved operating procedures for Service Inquiry, Customer Support, Complaints, and related issues. This would include comprehensive data collection on caller details, service information delivery and query response.
Valuing diversity is essential to the British Council’s work. We aim to abide by and promote equality legislation by following both the letter and the spirit of it to try and avoid unjustified discrimination, recognising discrimination as a barrier to equality of opportunity, inclusion and human rights. All staff worldwide are required to ensure their behaviour is consistent with our policies.
The British Council is a full member of Keeping Children Safe (KCS) and has achieved level 1 child safe certification. We believe that all children have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse as set out in article 19, UNCRC, 1989 and that every child matters - everywhere in the world. In line with the British Council's Child Protection policy, any appointment is contingent on thorough checks including criminal record checks, in line with legal requirements.