- Experience Needed:
- More than 7 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
Save the Children implements the USAID funded Literate Village program. The Program Goal is All women and primary school aged children in targeted villages possess the necessary literacy skills for continuous learning and self-improvement. Results: Quality of reading instruction for rural primary school aged children increased; and rural mothers' ability to contribute to their children's primary education increased.
The Field Manager will lead on all aspects of the field-based management in respective Governorates they operate for the Program, including agency coordination and representation, and management of teams with diverse skills and expertise. The post holder will play a key role in building capacity at field level from operational perspective.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Direct and solid to the DCOP with dotted line to the SAM
Staff directly reporting to this post: 6-9 Field/Project Officers
FIELD Travel: Post holder is expected to spend at minimum 50% of his/her time in the field
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Manage the design and implementation of Program operational activities in respective Governorate, effectively using the assistance of Project/Field Officers.
- Working with the Project Officers to develop detailed workplan for respective areas that would contribute to the overall Governorate strategy.
- Prepare and oversee project implementation at the Governorate level, to ensure timely delivery of program activities (for example, individual performance management work plans).
- Coordinate with MEAL Specialist and Technical Specialist team findings to ensure effective follow up
- Manage and motivate field base staff to perform highly in their respective roles and responsibilities. This will include leading on staffing structure, recruitment, performance management and implementing staff welfare policy
Oversee the partnership with PNGOs
- Lead the process of selecting the governorate PNGOs.
- Support PNGOs to develop project proposals and budget.
- Support PNGOs to develop annual plan and budget.
- Coordinate between the governorate PNGOs.
- Support the PNGOs to coordinate with the official department and NGOs
- Follow up and monitor the achievement of the PNGOs
- Approve and review all the PNGOs financial payment and settling
Representation & Advocacy & Organizational Learning:
- Ensure that Save the Children's work for USAID grant is coordinated with efforts of other agencies and Government, and take a leadership role within Interagency Coordination forums, ensuring the specific needs of children are being addressed.
- Establish effective relations with local authorities at the Governorate levels:
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Ensure the security, health and well being of staff and that staff management and other processes and policies and systems reflect SC 's principles of equity and fairness.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice) Accountability:
Holds self accountable fo
More than 7 years
Not Specified at least
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 7 years management experience working with INGOs/NGOs/development actors
- Education to MSc/MA level in a relevant subject
- Previous experience of managing a team
- Previous work experience of project management, including education programs
- Previous work experience with USAID programs (desirable)
- Excellent knowledge of the local and national institutions and stakeholders
- Field level representation with key stakeholders and co-ordination with other INGOs/NGOs/UN
- Excellent communication skills
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes pressing working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SCI. In particular, a good understanding of the SCI mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
About this Company
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In Egypt and around the world, we work every day to give boys and girls a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. When crisis strikes, and children are most vulnerable, we are always...
See all Careers and Jobs at Save the Children