- Experience Needed:
- More than 7 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- Inherent in the position are the responsibilities within the department for planning, coordination, curriculum development, program evaluation, personnel management, and staff observations and staff evaluations.
- Achieving academic excellence requires that the academic coordinator promotes high standards and expectations for all students and staff for academic performance, instruction and assessment.
- Assumes the educational leadership and supervision for all departments to ensure that students are learning in a safe learning environment and provided instruction that meets the school’s mission and vision.
- Recommend personnel, courses, and number of sections so that a master schedule for instructional programs is established and communicate effectively with parents, members of the community, and colleagues.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Achieving academic excellence requires that the academic coordinator promotes high standards and expectations for all students and staff for academic performance, instruction and assessment
- Assess, and supervise the plan and procedures for the operation and functioning of the School consistent with the philosophy, mission, values and goals of the school, including instructional programs in the Core Curriculum Content Standards, program evaluation, and schedules of classes and tests.
- Evaluate and monitor all curricula of the department, developing and modifying when appropriate to ensure that the curricula assists teachers with instruction that meets and exceeds the core curriculum content standards.
- Apply the Common Core Standards and approved curricula so that each student meets and the Core Curriculum Content Standards.
- Analyze assessments results, advice remedial plans
- Ensure that the instructional programs engage the learner in tasks that require analytical and critical thinking, questioning the known, problem solving and creativity. And ensure that they address each student’s needs, interests, and skill levels, that they encourage the student to define individual goals and accept responsibility for learning, and that they provide a variety of methods for the student to demonstrate performance and accomplishments.
- Reassure the use of the Library Media Center and the use of a variety of instructional materials and resources
- Supervises report card and grade report issuance.
- Work closely with Assistant Principal, other administrators and supervisors to coordinate services and activities.
- Making book orders and revise students’ stationary and copybooks lists.
- Responsible from School Bookstore and its maintenance. In this respect work with responsible with related employee.
- Evaluation and supervision:
Assumes the educational leadership and supervision for the assigned department to ensure that students are learning in a safe learning environment and provided instruction that meets the State Common Core Standards
- Conduct informal / diagnostic and formal/ evaluative class visits. Give teachers corrective feedback and remedial procedures when needed.
- Establish procedures for evaluation and selection of textbooks, instructional materials and equipment.
- Hold weekly meetings with Department heads to discuss academic progress, curriculum coverage, students’ performance and other issues.
- Ensure that personnel evaluation procedures are accomplished in a fair and consistent manner that encourages accountability, growth and excellence, in accordance Board policy, and contractual requirements.
- Ensuring sequential learning experiences for students consistent with the school’s philosophy, mission statement, instructional goals and school objectives.
Lead and nurture members of the school staff
- Hold professional development workshops and presentations and enrich teachers with ideas, techniques and material.
- Develop with individual staff members a Professional Improvement Plan (PIP).
- Provide opportunities for effective staff development that addresses the needs of the instructional program and needs of the staff, including professional literature, workshops, conferences, visitations, and sessions in which the staff shares successful practices and strategies.
- Keep the department staff informed and seek ideas for the improvement o
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Possesses a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the field of education
- 3 years plus one year as a supervisor or senior administrator in a well-established school or learning institution
- 3 years and a formal degree in education/school administration.
- Tarbawy Diploma
- TEFL, TESOL, TOT or equivalents are a huge plus
- This position supervises Department Heads, and reports to school principal
About this Company
National Language school applying language curriculum integrated with STEM Education
See all Careers and Jobs at BMS
BMS mission is to provide international education quality in a national school and develop young men and women with active and creative minds, a sense of understanding and...