- Experience Needed:
- More than 2 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Education Level:
- Bachelor's Degree at least
English, French, Spanish, Chinese
- Travel Frequency:
- Up to 50% travel
About the Job
- Prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients.
- Plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential clients to do business with the company.
- Develop a rapport with new clients, and set targets for sales and provide support that will continually improve the relationship.
- Grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients.
The main duties of the Business Development Specialists can be summarized as follows:
New Business Development
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches.
- Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
- Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Business Development Planning
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Present to and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiation.
Management and Research
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team. (New customers / Developed customers)
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (like per-qualification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Present business development training and mentoring to business developers and other internal staff.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Understand the company’s goal and purpose so that will continual to enhance the company’s performance.