- Experience Needed:
10 to 12 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
The FINANCE MANAGER manages all the company’s finance activities while ensuring their alignment to the company objectives and adherence to the set accounting and reporting standards and ensure financial safety. To partner the business streams in ensuring that sales & contribution are optimized and effectively managed.
- Participates in annual business planning process to formulate the overall company’s yearly objectives and takes active role to strategize his own area and annual targets. Accordingly develops and sets the company’s Finance strategy, submits it to the Managing Director for review and approval.
- Prepares Finance department policies and procedures manual, communicate it with the finance and accounting functions after ensuring their compliance to the laws and regulations of Egyptian laws, and ensures the ongoing implementation and compliance.
- Establishes the company’s financial structure, financial system and document flow to ensure the standardization and efficiency of the company’s financial operations.
- Prepares and submits the weekly and monthly financial reports (i.e. P & L, analysis of actual vs. budget, bank reconciliation and Balance Sheet reconciliation, SOP ) to the Managing Director in order to improve decision making ability.
- Prepares Finance department operating budget and supervises consolidation of all departments' budgets to ensure alignment with company’s financial strategy and financial resources.
- Monitors and approves all cash in-flow and out-flow to ensure proper cash flow management.
- Monitors the compliance of each department expenditure with its set budget to ensure that budget deviations are properly recorded and reported.
- Supervises the implementation of any new financial systems or programs and ensures proper staff orientation and training on those systems to achieve maximum efficiency of the system.
- Develops and updates the company’s credit policy and monitors its ongoing implementation and compliance to ensure consistency.
- Ensures protection of company assets, internal control, internal auditing and assuring proper insurance coverage.
- Ensures the company’s operations are properly managed from a tax optimization perspective to minimize the total incurred costs due to taxation.
- Ensures the on-time fulfillment of any liability to avoid financial & legal penalties.
- Ensures on-time collection of the company’s receivables to increase cash liquidity.
- Analyzes all the financial risks relevant to world economic changes, foreign currency exchange rates and identifies the financial implications on the company’s anticipated cash flow. Presents his conclusions for the Managing Director to counteract the potential financial risks.
- Develop or enhance existing forecasting models both for ALBA Group as well as competitors.
- Overlook Capital and Marketing expenditure to ensure return on investment.
- Provide strong commercial & financial advice on pricing, trade margin management, excise optimization models, competitor analysis, capital and marketing investment and other operational issues as well as ensuring that the senior management team is appropriately communicated with on actual & forecast performance.
- Contract outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments, and other financial needs as necessary.
- Play a lead role in coaching the Egypt team (including management) to become more financially competent in their approach to business decisions.
- Create an environment where people are involved, challenged, motivated to learn from mistakes, adapt to changes.
- Support Tax, Treasury and Accounting departments for all Egypt related matters.
10 to 12 years