Skills And Tools:
The Director of Operations leads the activities for Inbound, Outbound, and Shipping Departments to meet/exceed customer service level requirements. The Director is responsible for accurate and timely processing of merchandise throughout the facility and documentation of product flow for all serviced divisions. This role ensures continuous improvement through pro-active leadership and development of direct reports and is responsible for running a cost-effective operation staying within budgetary guidelines.
Daily interaction with field. Daily interaction with facilities management staff, Divisional Transportation, line haul carriers, pool distributors, and general and regional managers. Directs workload with other managers. Works closely with management staff to establish priorities for the available work force and ensures proper execution. Communicates effectively with corporate divisions of Finance. Maintains open communication with all levels of employees in the company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Working Relationships / Communication
- Regularly interacts with the field to understand and meet/exceed service requirements.
- Leads operations team for the distribution center.
- Communicates effectively with corporate divisions of Merchandise Planning and Finance.
- Directs management team to establish priorities for the available work force and ensure proper execution.
- Maintains open communication with all levels of management in the distribution center.
- Establishes and institutionalize corporate culture within the facility
- Manages successful facility start-ups: within budget and on time.
- Implements Strategic Initiatives that focus on meeting growing business needs.
- Focuses on continuous service and cost improvement.
- Provides strategic direction to managers and supervisors for anticipating staffing requirements.
- Ensures that all employees are adequately trained and qualified before being placed on production.
- Ensures overall operation at maximum standards for production, quality, and attendance.
- Verifies that all corporate policies, including safety and housekeeping, are enforced consistently.
- Prepares annual budget.
- Responsible for continual tracking of budget related information.
- Directs the procedures for calculating the financial roll-forward inventory on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for overall physical inventories
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Knowledge of distribution operating systems, logistics and forecasting.
- Strong leadership and motivational ability.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to develop and manage operating and capital budgets.
- Strong time management skills.
Minimum educational level:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- MBA or advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience as Director of Operations or equivalent position.
- Knowledge and experience with distribution operating systems, logistics and forecasting.
- Experience with development and use of variable budgets; familiar with basic accounting principles.
- Knowledge of industry’s legal rules and guidelines.
- In-depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles
(e.g., supply chain, finance, customer service etc.)
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Familiarity with MS Office and various business software (e.g., ERP, CRM)
- Group Chief Financial Officer ...Confidential Company - Cairo, Egypt12 days ago
- Chief Financial Officer "CFO"Confidential Company - Cairo, Egypt21 days ago
- Chief Financial OfficerConfidential Company - Monufya, Egypt1 month ago
- Supply Chain DirectorConfidential Company - Alsadat City, Monufya22 days ago