Skills And Tools:
- Performs exploratory data analysis and data pre-processing to arrive at patterns and trends.
- Partners with data analysts, data engineers, and/or business teams such as Finance, Supply Chain, Purchasing, Software, Services, Sales, etc. to understand business requirements.
- Owns design, development, and support to data visualization dashboard pulling data from the data warehouse (Snowflake / Oracle data warehouse) or other sources.
- Shares options for high-quality visuals for the requirements of new / enhancement of operational reports/dashboards.
- Educates and trains users in Power BI, OBIEE, ThoughtSpot to grow self-serve capabilities.
- Maintains peer relationships across IT including data engineering and enterprise integration team to support effective implementations.
- Supports the data needs from a range of stakeholders in a matrixed organizational environment.
- Stays connected to key operational trends with the ability to think strategically on how to best provide key data insights.
- Leads proof of concepts of new tools.
- Creates and editing visual content including maps, charts, and graphs.
- Transforms data sets, quantitative and qualitative analysis into compelling visuals.
- Provides visual, technical, and editorial guidance.
- Works closely with the communications team to help promote content including reports, briefs, commentary, and visual data.
- Meets deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- 5 years + of experience with implementing visualization/reporting tools such as Power BI, OBIEE, Tableau, and ThoughtSpot.
- Strong expertise with writing SQL and a good understanding of data warehouse concepts is a must.
- Demonstrated knowledge of analyzing data to identify any potential gaps is required.
- Expert in visualization techniques and be able to present multiple options to business users.
- At least two years of relevant experience; any additional customer-facing experience is a plus.
- Comfortable with juggling facts, figures, and multiple projects.
- A minimum of three years of experience in data visualization
- Excellent visual skills, including demonstrable design knowledge, such as layout, typography, color, interaction design, and fluency with Adobe tools.
- Strong cartography skills.
- Expertise with charting and other data visualization techniques.
- Fluency with Adobe Illustrator, Excel, and Photoshop.
- Experience with data journalism and associated tools, such as GIS.
- Creative vision, a passion for learning, and a willingness to adopt and share new ideas.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Data EngineerConfidential Company - Cairo, Egypt9 days ago