Skills And Tools:
AlAlamein International University at New Alamein City is looking for strong candidates to fulfill the open “Data Center and Systems Administrator” Position.
- Analyze and determine appropriate layout of all equipments in data center with help of balancing and cooling.
- Monitor and supervise all data center solutions.
- Assist various university departments in installations and removal of data center hardware as per requirement.
- Document all power and space schematics and ensure accuracy in same.
- Perform installation and ensure effective layout of all tools in cabling industry as per industry practices.
- Monitor all data center assets for tracking information.
- Coordinate with vendors and resource engineers and ensure effective completion of all installation hardware at various data centers.
- Oversaw capacity planning, perform power audits and ensure appropriate supply of power to all equipments.
- Maintain access of data to data center and ensure appropriate filling of all column in access system.
- Manage all malfunctioning and troubleshoot issues and outages.
- Monitor all issues and escalate issue to appropriate department to ensure effective resolution.
- Supervise all equipments such as alarm system and fire fighting tools.
- Supervise all batch jobs as per requirement.
- Maintain standards of service levels at all times, ensure response with timeframe and manage all available services.
- Install, configure, upgrade and monitor software and hardware in the data center.
- Manage network servers and technology tools.
- Set up accounts and workstations.
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls.
- Data backup and recovery.
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models.
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies.
- Specify system requirements and design solutions
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies.
- Resolve problems reported by end user.
- Contributes to the overall success of the University by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field.
- At least three years of experience for data center and systems administration positions.
- Proficiency with all technology and software necessary for the position.
- Evidence of management skills that will facilitate the development of strong networks within the institution.
- Up-to-date Knowledge of data center systems, standards and best practices.
- Knowledge of power infrastructure layout from generation to rack level, redundancy levels and techniques, rack standards, properties and selection criteria, and power rail/strip options, cold aisle/hot aisle containment, and standards for fire suppression, security and safety.
- Experience with enterprise computer network systems and operating environments.
- Database administration knowledge is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Excellent English language command (writing and speaking).
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the interview process.