Skills And Tools:
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Defining Quality Metrics
- Defining quality standards and metrics for the current project/product.
- Working with all stake holders to ensure that the quality metrics is reviewed, closed and agreed upon.
- Make the QA team aware of the Quality matrix and resolve all the queries.
- Create a list of milestones and checkpoints and set measurable criteria’s to check the quality on timely basis.
Defining Testing Strategies
- Defining processes for test plan and several phases of testing cycle.
- Planning and scheduling several milestones and tasks like alpha and beta testing.
- Ensuring all development tasks meet quality criteria through test planning, test execution, quality assurance and issue tracking.
- Work closely on the deadlines of the project
- Ensure the team is focusing on automation along with manual testing.
- Keep raising the bar and standards of all the quality processes with every project.
- Set processes for test plan reviews and ensure that that test plans get reviewed by all stakeholders.
- Push team continuously to innovate.
- Review test strategies and see that all the various kinds of testing like unit, functional, performance, stress, acceptance etc. are getting covered.
- Implement automation testing wherever possible and depending on projects requirements.
- Set Quality standards for the teams in various new testing technologies in the industry. This may include finding new strategies for automation testing and day to day work processes like agile and scrum.
- Building up a team and choosing right number and skill set of resources.
- Assign various tasks to the engineers as per strength of individual.
- Setting up goals and objectives for QA managers
- Motivating team and taking informative quick decisions.
- Finding and arranging behavioral , functional, non-functional training needs for the team
- Coordinate activities which enforce quality improvements
- Resolving conflicts among team members.
- Maintaining cordial relationships between cross functional teams like development, configuration management, program management, product managers etc.
- Negotiating with upper management with influential skills to buy in the ideas.
- Ensure that the highly motivated environment is creating in the team.
- Ensure that Rewards are given for each achievement in the team.
- Reviewing status reports and dashboards on Azure DevOps from team managers and taking appropriate actions accordingly.
- Should be focal point of contact for the QA team for all the escalations related to testing and Quality assurance.
- Sending crisp and clear status to the higher management.
- Creating and defining risks contingencies and plans.
- Seeking feedback from management when and wherever necessary.
- Understanding and defining areas to calculate the overall risk to the project.
- Creating strategies to mitigate those risks and take necessary measures to control the risks.
- Awareness to all the stake holders for the various risks
- Create backup plans for all the testing strategies.
- Have team meetings at appropriate time to understand & review the current risks and motivate team to resolve the same.
- Ensure that the several testing and validation processes are improved continuously.
- Motivate team to improve the efficiency so that the time saved can be used in different work areas.
- Challenge the team continuously to move towards automation for all daily works
- Publish the improvements to all the stakeholders and depict the improvements using data points.
- Create quarterly milestones for yearly improvement projects and set deadlines for the team to complete them.
- Work with the development team to ensure that the quality engineers get apt support like automation hooks or debug builds where ever and whenever possible.
- Ensure several quality improvement tools like code coverage, memory leaks are part of the development cycle, in case of conflicts resolve via upper management.
- Total Experience in QA- 10 years
- Should be managing a team of manual and automated testers.
- Experience in manual and automated testing is mandatory.
- Experience in Katalon, Selenium and Cucumber Studi or similar tools
- Mandatory to have experience in mobile and web.
- Experience in Devops
- Should be comfortable in working remotely and managing a team that will be in different countries.
- Good English communication skills
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience in web-portal based on CMS and he should be participated in minimum 3 CMS's from the below list
Any E commerce platform experience is a plus.