Skills And Tools:
- Be an engaged, active member of the team, contributing to driving greater efficiency and optimization across our environments.
- Automate manual tasks to improve performance and reliability.
- Configure and administer multiple AWS Services that run a global SaaS solution.
- Administer complex web hosting configuration components, including load balancers, Kubernetes clusters, web and database servers.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to support customer-facing application environments.
- Monitor and optimize system performance taking proactive measures to prevent issues and reactive measures to correct them.
- Participate in the Incident, Change, Problem and Project Management programs and document details within prescribed guidelines.
- Advise team on tactical and strategic operational improvements to enhance operational capabilities.
- Create and maintain documentation of enterprise infrastructure topology and system configurations.
- Serve as an escalation for internal support staff to resolve issues.
- Coordinate with internal staff and schedule maintenance activities, including application and/or hardware upgrades, when applicable
- Provide periodic status reports to internal staff regarding maintenance and upgrade activities
- Possess 5+ years of experience supporting production Ruby on Rails, Kubernetes, Linux environments, including process management, user management, distilling log files, and debugging performance issues.
- Possess 3+ years of experience supporting an AWS production environment.
- Strong knowledge of Infrastructure automation using Python and Terraform preferred.
- Strong Knowledge building CI/ID pipelines utilizing AWS technologies and/or Jenkins
- Experience with container orchestration and Kubernetes
- Strong knowledge of scripting/coding with Python, PowerShell, Bash, Perl, and/or PHP.
- Strong knowledge of AWS networking concepts:
- Strong knowledge of AWS Security concepts:
- Strong knowledge of AWS and traditional Storage systems:
- Strong knowledge with load-balancing (AWS and third party), High Availability and Scalability services:
- Experience with production web hosts
- Experience with production database systems:
- Route53, VPC configuration and management, DHCP, VLANs, HTTP/HTTPS and IPSec/SSL VPNs.
- AWS: IAM accounts, KMS managed encryption, CloudTrail, CloudWatch monitoring/alerting
- AWS: EBS, EFS, S3
- AWS: ALB/NLB, ASG in multi-AZ, multi-region
- Nginx, F5
- Microsoft/Linux: IIS, Apache, J2EE application servers (resin, tomcat, WebLogic)
- AWS: Postgres, MongoDB
- AWS: Solutions Architect, DevOps Engineer, Security, Network
- Other Technology certification(s) highly desirable: Microsoft/Linux
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or equivalent is desired.
- AWS auto scaling, High Availability concepts
- EKS, ECS, Docker Administration/Deployment
- Automated Deployment preferably AWS Pipelines code deployment
- Intermediate knowledge and real-world experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Intermediate Knowledge of firewall technologies, particularly Cisco ASAs.
- DevOps EngineerConfidential Company - Dubai, United Arab Emirates10 days ago