Skills And Tools:
- The Head of Studies (HOS) is in charge of the academics and academic team (TEFL teachers).
- It is his/her job to ensure all students achieve their intended learning objectives.
- They receive the clients needs from the Sales team and accordingly map out program plans & lessons plans.
- They ensure that students are placed in the right level.
- They ensure the teachers prepare for their lessons to a high standard.
- They are responsible for observing the teachers at least twice during within 3 months period, and for giving constructive feedback of the observation.
- They aid the teachers in their schemes of work and lesson planning and hold workshops for the teachers once a week. These workshops should relate to something that has come up through their observations and they feel needs addressing, or some requested input by teachers.
- Representing the company professionally at a local level, implementing company policies/instructions and effectively/accurately communicating them to Academic staff.
- Ensuring that customers – Contact Persons and Students – receive good service whether they are in the center or on company premises particularly relating to the academic program.
- Gathering, checking and recording feedback questionnaires (mid-course and on departure) from all students, contact persons and teachers. Any negative feedback must be investigated, followed up and escalated
- Line-managing and motivating the teaching team, providing support as necessary.
- The HoS must also be highly energetic, personable, well organized, good at multi-tasking and have to work well under pressure.
- 3-6 years experience in teaching English as a Foreign Languages a must.
- At least 1-2 year of managerial/supervisory experience is a must.
- Professional attitude towards work.
- Ability to make decisions quickly and calmly.
- Good Communicator.
- Ability to lead a team of people effectively
- Ability to prioritize tasks during busy periods - Problem-solving.
- Relevant ESL Qualification certification is preferred.
- Owns a car is preferable
- Native English Instructor [Onl...Confidential Company - Alexandria, Egypt6 days ago