- Experience Needed:
More than 7 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
The Security Manager performs tasks in developing, implementing, managing, and coordinating programs designed to effectively address school security needs. The Employee works with and reports to the Operations Manager.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates a comprehensive school security program, including creating and implementing security policies and procedures; establishing internal controls; conducting inspections as appropriate; reporting potential hazards to appropriate departments.
- Evaluate health and safety practice and procedures for risk assessment and following legal guidelines.
- Conduct accident prevention training and health and safety training.
- Inspect equipment for unsafe workplace conditions.
- Monitor employee conformity to safety laws and policies.
- Investigate accidents and incidents to find cause and take prevention measures for further incidents.
- Suggest solutions, improvements and prevention steps for safety issues.
- Create and implement workplace health and safety plans and procedures.
- Conducts and coordinates security, emergency preparedness, and health and safety training by developing, scheduling, and/or facilitating training programs for staff, students and public officials relating to school security and emergency preparedness including:
- Security breaches of any type
- Political or other domestic disturbances including terrorist acts
- Secures facilities, equipment, students, and personnel by working in coordination with the appropriate departments in recommending safety and security equipment purchases and upgrades; maintaining records of fire and other emergency drills and conducting drills when appropriate; supervising and maintaining access control and key distribution; ensuring all equipment including security cameras and technology are in working order
- Budget; works with Finance and Operations Departments for capital improvements as needed expenditures
- Assists in the development and implementation of security plans for special events
- Informs, advises, and assists the Head of Administration, Legal Affairs and Operations Managers in matters involving illegal activities on school campus
- Coordinates within the Operations Department to address and correct safety/security issues on school campus
- Prepares memos, reports, drawings, etc. related to safety and traffic issues on or near school campus, presenting them to the Operations Manager
- Security Manager participates in annual trainings to stay current on laws, policies and procedures regarding school safety
- Attends meetings as required
- Performs other related work as required
More than 7 years
Qualifications and Skills
This position requires a high degree of diplomacy, flexibility, and adaptability. Applicants must have good communication skills, both written and verbal in Arabic and English. The successful candidate must be committed to the safety of students, staff and visitors while fostering a creative, warm, caring, and effective learning environment
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 7 years of security experience
- Experience working in schools is preferred
- Basic English language ability required
- Ability to focus, manage detailed work, work with others, and communicate effectively
- Physical fitness is required
- Ability to follow given instructions, develop and implement policies and procedures, and to work with a team
- Trained in First Aid/CPR and fire safety strongly preferred
About this Company
Uptown International School (UIS) is located in Moqattam, Cairo, and will open for classes for the first time in September 2020. The school aims to be an International Baccalaureate (IB) Continuum school and will begin with Early Years 1 (3 year olds) through Grade 3 in the...
See all Careers and Jobs at Uptown International School UISEgypt