- A master’s degree in education, preferably focused on teacher professional development, standards, and/or human resources management in education from a nationally or internationally recognized university required; doctorate degree preferred.
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 10 to 15 years of progressively responsible and directly relevant professional experience working in the education sector in the region or internationally;
- Extensive knowledge of the MOETE career ladder and licensure/certification processes;
- Experience working with the MOETE and particularly the Professional Academy for Teachers;
- A minimum of five years of active participation in primary teacher pre-service and/or in-service education programs, either as an educator within such programs or a designer or evaluator;
- Experience working directly on teacher licensing, certification and promotion issues, preferably in multiple contexts;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with government officials, university faculty, NGOs and teachers;
- Previous experience working on projects funded with bilateral aid, preferably USAID;
- Excellent communication (both oral and written) and partnership building skills and demonstrated ability to convene diverse stakeholders using participatory methods;
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision or guidance required;
- Excellent coordination skills and result-oriented collaboration with colleagues.
Fluency in spoken and written Arabic and English is required.
About this Company
Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity. Since 1958, we have been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world.
See all Careers and Jobs at Education Development Center (EDC)