- Experience Needed:
More than 8 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You’ll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
Our Finance Operations team manages PwC’s financial risk through financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and tactical consulting. As a part of our team, you’ll assist us with budgeting, reporting, business operations, domestic and international accounting operations, and finance strategy.
Working directly with the Country Senior Manager, this role will assume full day to day operational responsibility for execution of the Finance requirements of the relevant countries.
The role directs all local finance staff in the financial functions so that financial transactions, policies, and procedures meet the organizations short and long-term business objectives and are conducted in accordance with regulations, accounting principles, and standards.
Working with the OneFinance shared service centre to ensure that financial processing services transition smoothly and meet the business operational requirements of the country.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Provide leadership for country finance staff on daily basis, ensuring regular meetings as required to maintain relationships
- Ensure all local finance requirements for country are completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist with interpretation and analysis of monthly results, identifying underlying trends and areas of concern, providing value added insight into the underlying business issues impacting performance and making pro-active recommendations for remedial management action
- Optimise management of working capital, influencing behaviour changes to minimise balance sheet risk
- Work closely with the country Senior Manager to ensure effective working with other functional areas (HC, IT, Resourcing) to maximise value added support to the business
- Maintain a strong understanding of commercial activities within each country.
- Lead local Finance staff to deliver best in class financial management and decision support to countries
- Act as a communicator of best practice financial management and leading on change management actions locally to ensure fully shared and communicated to all staff effectively
- Work with shared service centre to move transaction processing
- Ensure financial management procedures are tightly managed so as to ensure a ‘no surprises’ environment
- Ensure delivery of high quality and timely month end results, assisting with insightful commentary and interpretation thereof
- Act as a guardian and encourage a culture and strong financial discipline across the practice, communicating and ensuring compliance with Firm/LoS policies and procedures
Learning & Growth
- Lead, motivate and inspire the local finance staff, driving performance to a new level to focus on ongoing quality improvement, staff development and training, best practice sharing and greater team working
- Develop talent within the team by providing consistent direction and support
- Establish a healthy work environment for employees
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed
- Responsible for the continuing professional development of self and junior team members
More than 8 years
About this Company
ur region is undergoing a profound transformation. We partner with our region’s Governments and businesses, to help solve the region’s most important problems and build trust in our society.
See all Careers and Jobs at PWC
We are investing in, and developing both the very best talent, over 4,200...