- Experience Needed:
- More than 10 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
- GE Power Engineering is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer with proven track record and experience in power plants commissioning,Operation and Maintenance (O&M) who is seeking a challenging and rewarding career path in the GE Power engineering team in the AIM region.
- This positions pans a wide range of OEM and oOEM technologies across combined cycle and gas power plants requiring high level of customer interaction and exposure to GE Leadership.
- Represent as the technical focal point for mechanical engineering in O&M projects thru coordination and planning all aspects of assessing, troubleshooting, and technical execution of operation and maintenance of power plants including any upgrade opportunities by leveraging the regional and global teams at every step of the process.
- Assess the assigned power plant for electrical equipment and their maintenance strategies from engineering point of view including maintenance cycles, spare parts, obsolescence and replacement parts.
- Provide Electrical engineering expertise for issue resolution during normal plant operations,forced and planned outages.
- Support/Develop best practices for preventive and predictive maintenance on the power plant to reduce downtime.
- Work closely with fulfillment teams, vendors, and customers in assuring a smooth outage execution and issue resolution and troubleshooting.
- Embrace and drive a culture of horizontal thinking and execution by working in a boundary less fashion and fostering the early detection of quality issues and risks as well as promoting lean processes that drive fulfillment excellence Provide technical guidance to site engineers in resolution of engineering issues and assistance to site manager / operations manager in reviewing engineering issues and other concerns.
- Conduct RCAs (Root Cause Analysis)for critical site issues.
- Control of management of design change and contractual variations in compliance with contract Participate in customer meetings as required by the O&M project Responsible for engineering budget and cost including productivity improvements Lead regular meetings with site engineers and site manager as required.
- Experience working as an EPC
More than 10 years
Not Specified at least
Healthcare and Medical Services
- BE/BS degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or equivalent knowledge/experience.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the design, packaging, integration, commissioning,operation and maintenance of electrical power and control equipment.
- Ability to develop detailed design, integration and construction packages for engineering /design changes.
- Experienced with construction engineering and power delivery equipment.
- Ability to specify, design & integrate electrical control and power equipment.
- Ability to analyze technical specifications and proposals from various vendors(Procurement)Hands on experience on major electrical equipment including transformers, generator, switch gears, MCCs, and other auxiliary equipment.
- Ability to develop O&M procedures and design change packages.
- Experienced with FEED and detailed design/Engineering and Construction of power plants.
- Strong knowledge of industry codes and standards (API, IEEE, ANSI, NEC, IEC, NFPA,etc.).
- Proven ability to meet agreed-upon goals with minimum supervision.Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Ability to travel to customer and vendor sites internationally as per project requirements.
- Fluency in the English and French languages
- Ability to lead in a matrix organization with regional and global
- footprint. Ability to identify and rectify gaps that can pose a risk to the profitability and success of the plant operation and maintenance
- Mobility within AIM region is a must. It could reach to a50% travel.
- Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Experience in managing complex projects in a multidisciplinary approach.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Field Engineering Experience with Power Plant rehab and upgrades is a strong plus.
- Experience in usage of electrical engineering tools and various SW packages including 3D CAD Modeling
- Fluent in Arabic.
About this Company
GE Healthcare is the $19 billion healthcare business of GE (NYSE: GE). As a leading provider of medical imaging, monitoring, biomanufacturing, and cell and gene therapy technologies, GE Healthcare enables precision health in diagnostics, therapeutics and monitoring through...
See all Careers and Jobs at GE Healthcare