- Experience Needed:
More than 10 years
- Career Level:
Senior Management (e.g. VP, CEO)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Education Level:
About the Job
AMIDEAST, a non-profit organization focused on development in the Middle East, is currently seeking a Chief of Party for an upcoming USAID Integrated Management of Cultural Tourism (IMCT) project in Egypt. The Chief of Party will be the technical lead on the program. They will be responsible for leadership, management and general technical direction of the entire activity, ensuring an integrated vision among different results and actors, and a focus on achieving the overall objectives and results. The COP will be expected to identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate program adjustments. The position requires significant coordination skills, and an understanding of the role that the private sector plays in developing sustainable cultural tourism initiatives.
Description of Responsibilities
- Oversee and coordinate the delivery of all aspects of the IMCT Project
- Establish partnerships with all relevant and involved stakeholders in the tourism, antiquities and cultural heritage sector
- Ensure program coherence with stated program vision and goals. This includes active involvement in program development to ensure that programs are relevant and well organized
- Act as the key liaison between USAID/Egypt and all other counterparts, associations, private sector owners, implementing partners and Government of Egypt officials involved with the Activity
- Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID with regards to day-to-day implementation, reporting and management matters relating to the contract
More than 10 years
The following represents the minimum set of qualifications for this position.
- Candidates should have at least 10 years’ experience developing and expanding culture-based tourism in Egypt, with a focus on workforce development in the tourism industry, collaboration with the private sector, and marketing of cultural heritage destinations
- Experience managing large international development projects- ideally with USAID
- Well-developed leadership and people skills, including a demonstrated ability to enhance the skills and effectiveness of project staff
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage client and stakeholder relationships, with a high level of organizational, communication and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated familiarity working on reform efforts in the Middle East, preferably in Egypt, with ability to present complex topics to senior government officials
- Experience working in the MENA region
- Advanced degree in a relevant field (Ph.D. preferred)
- Desired Qualifications - Arabic language proficiency
About this Company
AMIDEAST is a leading American non-profit organization engaged in international education, training and development activities in the Middle East and North Africa.
See all Careers and Jobs at Amideast
Founded in 1951, AMIDEAST in its early years focused on promoting U.S. study to students in the MENA...