- Experience Needed:
- More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
- Travel Frequency:
- Minimal travel
About the Job
- Catholic Relief Services (CRS) works in a wide variety of areas within the humanitarian and development fields, regardless of race, creed, religion, or gender, to advance our mission to assist the poor and vulnerable. Our team reflects this diversity. The CRS Egypt country program began in 1956 at the invitation of the Egyptian president Nasser by providing relief assistance to the victims of the Suez.
- War. Over the following few decades, CRS Egypt moved from large-scale food relief to long-term poverty alleviation and development programs.
- Currently, CRS Egypt has three main programs: livelihoods, interfaith peacebuilding, and education assistance for refugees. Projects under these programs range from the provision of technical assistance and capacity building to partners, the promotion of peace and tolerance, the provision of educational grants for refugees, and the protection and safeguarding of children.
- CRS Egypt currently holds a main office in Cairo, and a sub-office in Ma’adi, with activities
in Greater Cairo, Upper Egypt and the Delta region.
- You will manage and/or coordinate the following operational functions: Logistics, Procurement, Administration and Fleet in support of the Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) mission to serve the poor and vulnerable.
- You will help ensure stewardship of resources and a high-quality service approach are integrated into administrative systems, policies, and procedures.
- Coordinate and report on activities and required resources to ensure cost efficient and quality service delivery from administrative support functions.
- Collaborate with programming leads to ensure appropriate project expenditures in line with financial plans and proper stewardship of material sources.
- Help ensure administrative systems, processes, and policies are in line with agency standards and donor and local law regulations.
- Engage with relevant external stakeholders (government officials, landlords, service providers, etc.) on assigned administrative matters and help ensure required authorizations and documents are up-to-date.
- Coordinate the efficient use of CP assets and rented facilities. Help ensure fully compliant procurement of office materials and asset management systems.
- Help identify safety issues and ensuring a safe and sound work environment.
- Manage filing and distributing all incoming and outgoing mail/faxes/letters/documents.
- Ensure Overtime for Janitors is properly registered, prepared, calculated and submitted to the finance.
- With Garden City office, coordinate the provision of travel and logistics support and services to staff and visitors. Coordinate event planning activities, including delegation visits, trainings and workshops.
With the coordination with HR department in Garden City:
- Briefs new staff members on Administrative matters.
- Manage staff attendance, timesheet completion and approval process, and timely preparation of personnel reports to Garden City Office.
- Manage Maadi office records and reports concerning leave balances.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being.
- Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports.
- Monitor and assess performance to ensure adequate capacity for successful support of high quality programming.
More than 5 years
Not Specified at least
Other - Not Classified
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in administrative support functions, with increasing responsibility.
- Experience with a local or international NGO a plus.
- Additional education may substitute for some experience.
- Experience and proficient skills in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems.
- Good planning, organizational and time management skills
- Strong customer service orientation with very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ethical conduct and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Good relations management abilities. Ability to work collaboratively
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
Required/Desired Foreign Language:
- Professional proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Approximately 15%, on remote missions where and when required.
About this Company
Catholic Relief Services was founded in 1943 by the Catholic Bishops of the United States to serve World War II survivors in Europe. Since then, we have expanded in size to reach more than 130 million people in more than 100 countries on five continents.
See all Careers and Jobs at Catholic Relief Services