- Experience Needed:
- More than 5 years
- Career Level:
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
General Administrative Duties
- Prepares periodic reports regarding the activities and achievements to be submitted to the Electrical Project Manager on monthly basis or when required
- Performing other duties related to the job as assigned by the Electrical Project Manager
- Prepare subcontractor invoices.
- Advise the Electrical Project Manager of any technical aspects of the electrical services that may affect construction progress, quality and the like.
- Continually review the contractor’s construction schedule during the progress of site works.
- Review Contractor’s installation method statements.
- Review Contractor’s shop drawings against the design drawings for compliance with the design intent and return to project manager with appropriate comments / approval.
- Review contractor’s Electrical shop drawing in conjunction with the structural and mechanical engineers to ensure engineering co-ordination and advise project manager accordingly
- Review Contractor’s electrical services material proposals against specified technical performance requirements and advise the Electrical Project Manager on the appropriateness of the proposals.
- Review Contractor’s proposed sub-contractor(s) associated with the structural engineering works from a technical standpoint.
- Undertake general project site observation / inspection of the electrical services works for Contractor’s adherence to the approved shop drawings and Consultant’s specification, good working practices, the construction schedule and health & safety.
- Be available to undertake off-site inspections of proposed equipment and materials as may be deemed necessary by the Electrical Project Manager.
- Undertake prior review of Contractor’s proposed electrical system testing & commissioning methods and schedule
- On a spot basis witness electrical system final testing and commissioning.
- Review and comment on Contractor’s testing and commissioning results and advise Electrical Project Manager accordingly
- Prepare draft site / engineer’s instructions, relating to the building electrical services, as required and issue to the Project Manager.
- Provide advice to the Electrical Project Manager in regard to any electrical services related variation costs that may be claimed by the Contractor during the course of the works.
- Review and comment upon Contractors Operation and Maintenance manuals
More than 5 years
Not Specified at least
Construction - Residential & Commercial/Office
Minimum required Education
- University degree in electrical Engineering
- Fluent in Arabic and English language.
Minimum required Professional Experience
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in a related field experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Leadership skills
- Planning, organization and detail orientation
- Management of Financial Resources
- Decision Making
- Ability to lead and initiate strategic business plans
- Conflict resolution skills
- Negotiating/Influencing Skills
- Knowledge of construction materials and methods, CAD, design analysis and modern structural systems.
- Professional knowledge in Construction, methods, and applications
- Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software
- Knowledge of Engineering procedures and systems such
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic Architectural engineering