- Experience Needed:
- More than 2 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
About the Job
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the Role
- At Uber, providing excellent support that establishes trust for riders and driver partners-our community-is a core feature of our product experience. We invest in it and believe in providing the highest quality service executed in the smartest, most efficient way. We're looking for a Senior Team Leader to develop and lead support efforts in our Cairo Centre of Excellence (COE). Uber COEs are contact management centers dedicated to providing world-class customer support to riders and drivers. Uber relies on the COEs to provide support for our community's toughest issues types, handle escalations from our tens of thousands of business processing outsourcing (BPO) agents, and provide an environment to pilot support for new products or test new support modalities or processes.
- This will be a managerial role with a heavy focus on people management, data analytics, and continuous process improvement, so those interested should be excited to demonstrate those skills and be eager to lead.
What You’ll Do
- Proactively lead, motivate, and develop a high performing team within a fast paced and exciting environment to deliver on operational KPIs.
- Set up career development plans, be responsible for managing Team Leads, and help develop them into talented people managers. You will be managing up to 5 Team Leads, who will each be managing up to 10-15 team members. These team members are at the forefront of our business, answering our community's questions and tending to their needs.
- Drive continuous process improvement to deliver a consistent world-class experience.
- Supports Comm Ops Manager and performs management duties when manager is absent or out of office
- Initiates and leads projects which are linked to the business goals & metrics and presents their findings in front of Senior Management
- Comfortable & Confident in taking on risks that are key to effective decision making and the growth of your LOB
- Effective negotiation skills for the purpose of group discussion, team meetings (inside & outside the COE) in a professional manner
- Understanding how to engage with those around you through collaboration, coaching and innovation, in situations of hierarchical control and without command and control
- Understand organisational culture – how to use to influence their team
- Enabling effective decision-making while understanding both positive and negative consequences, enhancing leadership, and strategy
- Self-motivation: Building capabilities and awareness to control distractions, pause, reflect and execute effective decision-making, consistently
- Stakeholder Management: Promoting adaptable and positive behaviours, building confidence to engage with peers and leaders at multiple levels within organisations.
More than 2 years
Not Specified at least
Consumer Services Transportation
About this Company
Uber Technologies Inc. is a peer-to-peer ridesharing, taxi cab, food delivery, bicycle-sharing, and transportation network company headquartered in San Francisco, California, with operations in 785 metropolitan areas worldwide. Its platforms can be accessed via its websites and mobile apps.
See all Careers and Jobs at Uber