- Experience Needed:
- More than 10 years
- Career Level:
- Job Type:
- Full Time
Arabic, English, French
About the Job
- GE PS is looking for an Engineer with proven track record and experience in power generation plant technologies over a wide range of OEM and non-OEM technologies across combined cycle gas and thermal power plants . Candidate will be part of BOP engineering organization and responsible for technical solutions of Power Plant BOP and will support the Sales, Commercial Operations, Sourcing, Marketing, Project Engineering and Project Management covering ITO and OTR phases.
- Evaluate and perform assessments for power facilities and equipment in region
- Can prepare and present assessment report to commercial and technical leadership and provide feedback to GE
- Work with other cross functional teams to determine optimum performance and predict potential areas of vulnerability, points of failure, and identify improvement areas
- Work on technical proposals; providing accurate scope descriptions and timely guidance on manpower loading, schedule.
- Provide technical leadership to personnel/ cross functional teams (including Sales and Comops) supporting the assigned projects in selecting, implementing, and developing competitive applications/solutions
- Creates technical scope of supply and schedule for electrical and mechanical BOP and evaluate suppliers proposals
- Provide budgetary estimates and firm quotes for equipment /solutions
- Write technical packages for locally sourced material and services.
- Optimize and make use of outage standards for regional deployment.
- Participate in outage preparation meetings to provide engineering input
- Support commercial team in creating and capturing value proposition for the customer in wide-scope plant upgrades and rehabilitation.
More than 10 years
Not Specified at least
Healthcare and Medical Services
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science (Mechanical, or related) from an accredited college or university
- Min.10 years of related professional experience with Gas Combined /cogeneration or Steam Power plant including water steam cycle, Water chemistry and Water treatment plant, Fuel Handling System
- Expertise on GE, Alstom, Siemens or MHI Gas Turbine/Steam Turbines and its associated Auxiliaries.
- Good working knowledge on power plant equipment and BOP.
- Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems.
- Ability to travel extensively 6-8 month a year, freely in all region countries.- Strong background in the following areas: steam turbines
- Water steam cycle, Fuel Handling System, ( Gas and Liquid) , Water treatment Plant and component ,Pumps and Valves control and Manual ,&power plant operation or maintenance.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- PC proficiency.
- Ability to guide and influence others.
- Demonstrated process orientation in approach to work.
- Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Able to lead remote teams.
- Proficiency in other languages especially French would be an advantage
About this Company
GE Healthcare is the $19 billion healthcare business of GE (NYSE: GE). As a leading provider of medical imaging, monitoring, biomanufacturing, and cell and gene therapy technologies, GE Healthcare enables precision health in diagnostics, therapeutics and monitoring through...
See all Careers and Jobs at GE Healthcare